NFL 2013 by DeFrank: AFC SOUTH 4/12/13

DeFrank

It's one thing to talk smack, but to cheer an injury like that, not cool. Of course, Dallas fans wouldn't really know what it's like to have a quarterback worth a damn. How look has it been since Aikman got his bell rung by LaVar Arrington? 13 years or so?

56hits8.jpg

So posting a picture means I'm cheering an injury? I didn't know that you were able to hear my post as well as read it. As far as QB's worth a darn, I think Skins fans are just as familiar with that. Now let's turn this thread back over to the concepts at hand!

BTW, I'm glad that we can consider this a rivalry once again. Life is much better when Cowboys and Redskins don't get along.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one thing to talk smack, but to cheer an injury like that, not cool. Of course, Dallas fans wouldn't really know what it's like to have a quarterback worth a damn. How look has it been since Aikman got his bell rung by LaVar Arrington? 13 years or so?

56hits8.jpg

So posting a picture means I'm cheering an injury? I didn't know that you were able to hear my post as well as read it. As far as QB's worth a darn, I think Skins fans are just as familiar with that. Now let's turn this thread back over to the concepts at hand!

BTW, I'm glad that we can consider this a rivalry once again. Life is much better when Cowboys and Redskins don't get along.

What else where you trying to convey by posting the picture of the RGIII injury? Good will towards Skins fans?

But in all seriousness, I'm sure it was just meant as a fun jab towards Skins' fans. And you are right, things seem to be better when Skins and Cowboys fans are able to talk smack again with pride. The NFL is better when these teams are good.

As for the concepts, I cannot wait to see more. I loved what DeFrank put together last year and look forward to see the rest of the league.

Nice to see ya back man! Looking forward to see what you've got.

Redskins: No complaints here. Made the sleeve stripes bigger, changed to consistent striping, and brought back the spear logo, which I love (and might have to happen soon with all the PC crap going on).

Eagles: I like the increased use of silver. Only complaint is the belts...I would make them all black.

Giants: I'm personally a fan of the grey for the G-Men, but I like what you did. A nice mashup of the 80s and 90s looks. Again, I would make all the belts blue (the red on the blue pants is too much). Also, I love the red alt, but I would cut off the stripe on the back before it reaches the sleeves. As it is now the little bit on the back of the sleeve wouldn't look right.

Cowboys: As the others have said, not enough going on. You could go with a lot of different sleeve stripes, but I definitely think you need one.

AFC EAST

MiamiDolphinsPresentation_zps704dddb5.png

BuffaloBillsPresentation_zps90a01ce2.png

NewYorkJetsPresentation_zps1c4edf2f.png

NewEnglandPatriotsPresentation_zps1ca0d92a.png

Some notes on these guys...

-I will post an update to the Dolphins once the new logos and uniforms are unveiled next month. For now, bear with this "perfection" of their classic look.

-The Bills and Jets are very similar to their current uniforms, and I am fine with that. I wanted to again streamline and perfect their current looks.

-I will make an update to the Cowboys, and make corrections to the Eagles at some point soon.

Thanks for leaving your C&C, and please ask questions about the designs!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Pats: No complaints. Nice simplification of the look that ties into the logo really well. The sublimated sleeve stripes are a nice touch as well.

Phins: I like these a lot. The switch back to the old color scheme and traditional striping look really good. Only complaint is the orange belt...I would have them match the pants.

Jets: Not sure how I feel about that helmet logo. I might get rid of the football and just have the wordmark centered in the oval. The unis are solid though.

Bills: I like the removal of navy. My only change would be to make the sleeve stripes all red with white/blue trim to match the helmet and pants stripes.

I think the Pats should go to those red jerseys full time. That's a fantastic look. I also like the NY on the Jets sleeves.

mainescarf.png

Pats: Perfect.

Phins: Perfect.

Bills: Like MJB said, switch the sleeve stripes so they match the pants. Also, I would much rather see a red alternate jersey than w-b-b-w. Their blue monochrome worked 2002-2010, but thats because of the red helmets. Your last time around, you had a red alt, and I was a little disappointed to not see them here. Thank you for fixing the socks!

Jets: Uniforms are good, but I think the logos are lacking. The current NY and JETS scripts don't look good together with the plane symbol IMO.

Now that I think about it, the coloring of the uniforms is very similar between 3 of 4 teams. The common thing I'm feeling is white helmet/color jersey/white pants for homes, white helmet/white jersey/color pants for roads, and monochrome for the majority of the alts. Its just really similar for teams that are all in one division, IMO.

Good work again.

spacer.png

On white pants, the belt usually is white (matching the pants) or the primary/jersey color.

On colored pants the belt usually matches the pants. If the belt is a different color, it is typically a darker color than the pants (e.g. navy belt on gold pants).

For the Bills, for example, you're fine. The blue belt works on the white pants (primary color, matches home jersey) and the blue pants (matches pants).

It's not a huge issue, it just provides more realism. And you don't want the belt to stand out too much and be distracting.

Digging the new primary logo... Good blend of old and new. Not a fan of the NY logo with the tail wing. Doesn’t look right IMO…

Been saying for a while that I think the Jets need to go with a Green helmet again. How do you feel about inverting the colors on the logo and putting it on a green helmet?

Like the sleeves though the NY logo (as it is) needs to go. How about shifting the numbers down to the white area?

Did you darken the jerseys from their current color or are my eyes going?

Overall, I like it. Good work!

good to see new stuff (or cleaned up versions) from you again DeFrank. i really like your minimalist approach to the Cowboys and Jets. keep doing what you like and what you feel is best for each team. thats what makes it special

Thanks man. I see your point about keeping it in my mold. A lot of these teams are rehashes, as I've done all eight in previous posts. Many more teams I have not done, however. Those should be fun to see as well!

potd 10/20/12

NFC NORTH

Going to start posting with some more full concepts to explain my thinkings...

MinnesotaVikingsPresentation_zps460c382d.png

This is a retro inspired concept for the Vikings that I never really intended to make until I sat down and started to research their uniform history. I thought about how I did like their modern style uniforms of today, but felt that their northwestern stripe throwbacks were bland and completely uninspiring. I decided that their 90's road look said "Vikings" most to me because of the Randy Moss connection, and for me is what I associate with a high flying and exciting team. The new logo, and horns, are featured on a more standardized uniform set then they had in the late 90's. Before any LSU comparisons are made, a purple helmet, and white pants makes them different enough in my opinion. This is also the first of a surprisingly high number of teams with looped shoulder designs, because, hey, in my world, Nike makes it work.

GreenBayPackersPresentation_zps62396b97.png

First thing... I just noticed I forgot to add in "Green Bay Packers" and the uniform designation to these guys. They will be updated soon. I standardized the stripes between jersey and sock, and helmet and pant. This is a good place to talk about the sock stripe theory that I've been introduced to. Buc, who has given me a ton of inspiration on these boards, talked in one thread about how more teams should wear white road socks to match their white tops. I love the idea, and have incorporated it into the whole NFL.

DetroitLionsPresentation_zpsc3e14da8.png

My Lions concept first removes the unnecessary black in their identity. As with others, the stripes are standardized between jersey and socks, and helmet and pants. Many of my temas feature colored pants that typically have been worn infrequently, but as the primary option (Vikings, Lions, Colts, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Falcons, Cardinals). I do this because I really love the way it looks, plain and simple. The lighter color (silver, white or what have you) is typically listed as an alternate for teams in monochrome or other uniforms that would create a better color matchup.

ChicagoBearsPresentation_zpsc3da34aa.png

Not much changing for the Bears. Sock stripes, which are present in nearly all of my concepts, are more standardized. I kept in the orange alternate because I think it's looks pretty good, but shouldn't be worn against division opponents.

potd 10/20/12

The NFC North is perfect. Even though in my concept series I went ultra modern with the Vikings, I LOVE them in that style. All of these are flawless and while the changes are minimal, they preserve a classic division's identity.

Also, I noticed out AFC East is very similar! Not calling you a copy cat-- Calling you a designer with good taste. Good job!

Archived