DC Universe Yakball

Nyk33

This is my first time ever doing a concept series but I was thinking it would be cool if cities in the DC universe had their own Yakball league so I decided I would thrust myself into the flames of concept making. I am going to be making the logos with Inkscape while doing the rest with paint (I had problems with the SVG version of the uniform template and the field is easier for me to do in this program).

Now with that out of the way let me show you the first team I did.

Gotham_Knights.png

The Gotham Knights were a team founded in 1939 by the Wayne family. The team is one of the oldest and most successful teams in Yakball. Easily recognizable for their Arsenal inspired tops, their interlocking "GK" shield logo, and the Wayne Enterprises specially designed black astro-turf they are one of the more popular teams in the league throughout out the country.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

My next concept is the Penguins who are owned by the Mr. Cobblepot aka The Penguin. BTW the Wayne Enterprises logo in my Knights concept is from the Nolan films.

image.jpg

The club was originally founded as the Gotham Giants in 1941. Ever since that point it has always been viewed as the Clippers or Mets in comparison to the Knights with the club never winning a championship in its lifespan. Feeling the pressure previous owner Derek Powers went on a massive spending spree to try and compete with the Knights. Unfortunately the team was later found guilty of tax evasion which caused Powers to sell the team in shame to Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot. Once Cobblepot took over the team he immediately rebranded the team to his likeliness by changing the colors, uniforms, and logo of the club. This at first angered the fans but after an immediate resurgence of the team in the standings they were placated.

I hate to be all over this, but I love the idea! (DC Fanboy) So I'm gonna make some suggestions, you can take them or leave them.

-Coastal City (Hal Jordan's Home City)

-Central City Speedsters (Barry Allen)

-Metropolis (Lex Corp or Daily Planet Sponsorship would be cool)

-Fawcett City Marvels

-Smallville

-Star City Archers (Green Arrow)

-Atlantis

-OA

-Paradise Island

-Bizzaro World

-Krypton

-Apokolips

You could even make a JLA team

Just my 2 cents

spacer.png

I hate to be all over this, but I love the idea! (DC Fanboy) So I'm gonna make some suggestions, you can take them or leave them.

-Coastal City (Hal Jordan's Home City)

-Central City Speedsters (Barry Allen)

-Metropolis (Lex Corp or Daily Planet Sponsorship would be cool)

-Fawcett City Marvels

-Smallville

-Star City Archers (Green Arrow)

-Atlantis

-OA

-Paradise Island

-Bizzaro World

-Krypton

-Apokolips

You could even make a JLA team

Just my 2 cents

I was actually planning on doing a few of these although Metropolis is getting 2 teams.

Is there a reason your crests aren't on the jerseys? Both are screaming out for them in the top right of each kit.

Also, your font choice for the Penguins isn't overly legible.

Overall though, cool idea, and the Knights kits look especially nice.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here are my edits of my Gotham Concepts.

Gotham_Knights2.png

Gotham_Penguins2.png

I might be giving you guys either a preview or the actual concept for 2 other teams later on today if everything goes according to plain.

Sorry for the delay but my internet but other things came up.

Keystone.png

If you wondering why the jerseys are so crazy it is because I based the design around the costume design of the first Flash (Jay Garrick).

300px-Flash_(Jay_Garrick).png

Now here is the story I made for the club in case you are interested.

This team was founded in 1948 by city of Keystone in order to help increase revenues coming into the city. Its creation was welcomed by most of the towns people and brought a source of pride to the town. The team finally won its first championship in 1990 while now donning its, now famous, backwards lightning bolt uniforms that were derided by some yakball fans as being silly.

Archived