Sign in to follow this  
bncjones

StL Cardinals 1975 Helmet - Side logo

In 1975, for at least a portion of the season, the Cards appear to have worn a logo on the sides of their batting helmets, much like a football helmet. I searched for copies of this logo and could not find any. So, I attempted to make if myself. I think I am close, but if any of your more talented artists can clean this up, I would appreciate it.

Since I cannot figure out how to attach photos, here is a link to the post I made on another board, showing photos and my version of the logo.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-mods-logos-graphics-html/229390-stl-cardinals-1975-helmet-side-logo.html

Thanks. Not to get off topic, but how do you attach photos on this board?

I use Photobucket. They even have an app for smartphones. You just save an image and upload it to your Photobucket account. Once it's uploaded, you just copy the image code and paste in the comment box and hit the submit/post button.

That's fantastic in a weird sort of way.

Its fantastic period, too bad it did not catch on

Just think of how different baseball logos would be if this caught on. I think there would be less logos involving letters, and more of the side/three quarter logos. Baseball hats might even have been made different. Just what I thought when I saw this.

True, but were not taking about a replacement for your standard front-of-helmet logos, only a supplement.

Yes - both sides of the helmet. At least up until the all-star game that year. At some point after that, the decals were no longer used.

I think it's a bit overkill, personally. If you have a cool alt logo, I think the sleeves are the way to go.

I think it's a bit overkill, personally. If you have a cool alt logo, I think the sleeves are the way to go.

agreed on this one. Side decals just look weird.