MLS Rivalry Week Throwback Concept

Atom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an interesting series you got going there.

One thing I'd like to point out though, is that for some jerseys, like Portland or LA, you have the team crest on the right side of the shirt. That's nearing blasphemy for the soccer purists, as the crest should always be on the left hand side of the shirt over the heart. You "wear" your club on your heart, not a shirtmaker.

Other than that you have a few sweet concepts here. Keep it up!

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Quite an interesting series you got going there.

One thing I'd like to point out though, is that for some jerseys, like Portland or LA, you have the team crest on the right side of the shirt. That's nearing blasphemy for the soccer purists, as the crest should always be on the left hand side of the shirt over the heart. You "wear" your club on your heart, not a shirtmaker.

Other than that you have a few sweet concepts here. Keep it up!

The reason I put the crest on the right for some of the jerseys because thats how their NASL counterparts had them. I totally agree it should be on the left 99% of the time.

Working on a New England Crest redesign and had this idea and I wanted to put up a quick mock up and get some C&C.

10 stripes for the ten original teams. Thoughts?

Full CrestNy31d6m.png

Diamond Crest only

YGkpoRB.png

Thoughts?

I don't know. I really like the script as it is. There's something very Declaration of Independence or Constitution about it.

I can't see legibility as a huge problem for crests on soccer jerseys, really. I mean, it's not like fans would be able to see more than a blob of color from the stands regardless of what the script looked like, right?

I also like the diamond by itself. That's fun too.

Archived