Sign in to follow this  
Atom

MLS Rivalry Week Throwback Concept

Ummm why put the Arsenal cannon on the Texas flag?

The derby winner takes home El Capitán, a replica 18th century mountain howitzer cannon.

El_Capitan_Cannon.jpg

Fair enough, but the Arsenal cannon shound't be used

I really like Chivas, Toronto, and Montreal's. Montreal should just adopt that look, it's better looking than what they have now.

Did you make the goat on the Chivas jersey?

I made it in illustrator from an old Chivas Guadalajara jersey

Quite an interesting series you got going there.

One thing I'd like to point out though, is that for some jerseys, like Portland or LA, you have the team crest on the right side of the shirt. That's nearing blasphemy for the soccer purists, as the crest should always be on the left hand side of the shirt over the heart. You "wear" your club on your heart, not a shirtmaker.

Other than that you have a few sweet concepts here. Keep it up!

Quite an interesting series you got going there.

One thing I'd like to point out though, is that for some jerseys, like Portland or LA, you have the team crest on the right side of the shirt. That's nearing blasphemy for the soccer purists, as the crest should always be on the left hand side of the shirt over the heart. You "wear" your club on your heart, not a shirtmaker.

Other than that you have a few sweet concepts here. Keep it up!

The reason I put the crest on the right for some of the jerseys because thats how their NASL counterparts had them. I totally agree it should be on the left 99% of the time.

Working on a New England Crest redesign and had this idea and I wanted to put up a quick mock up and get some C&C.

10 stripes for the ten original teams. Thoughts?

Full CrestNy31d6m.png

Diamond Crest only

YGkpoRB.png

Thoughts?

That second version is a lot nicer. Not sure what to say about the blue diamond. Maybe try a different font so it's more legible.

I don't know. I really like the script as it is. There's something very Declaration of Independence or Constitution about it.

I can't see legibility as a huge problem for crests on soccer jerseys, really. I mean, it's not like fans would be able to see more than a blob of color from the stands regardless of what the script looked like, right?

I also like the diamond by itself. That's fun too.

Nice job on Colorado. I was going to try something similar to this in my own series. I like Salt Lake, too. Is that one supposed to be based on the Las Vegas Quicksilvers?