2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

Notre Dame is gonna flame out early again.

Learned my lesson three years ago with Notre Dame.

Most frustrating team in the country to watch. When they're at their best they can beat anyone. At their worst, could get upset at home by a bad Rutgers team.

As for Georgetown that to me is by far the biggest upset of the tourney thus far. Harvard, La Salle, Ole Miss, Oregon. All of those times I could envision scenarios where they could pull upsets coming into the game. Florida Gulf Coast though, saw no possible way they could take down Georgetown. It was just one of those games where they came with their A game and Georgetown played maybe their worst half of basketball all year.

I had Georgetown going out sweet 16, but given their talent wouldn't have shocked me the least to see them in the Final Four. That's the first team to go out that I thought had a real shot at winning the National Title. That's how highly I thought of that Georgetown team. Instead it opens up nicely for Florida. Although neither Minnesota or San Diego State is a pushover, but then again I said coming in I didn't think any team in the South regional would have an easy game past the first round. I thought it was the toughest regional coming in, but may have just gotten a little easier with Georgetown's exit.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take Bo Ryan's boring, methodical offense over an asshat like Marshall Henderson any day.

Disagreed. College basketball needs more Marshall Hendersons. Yeah, he's cocky, he talks trash, but he also approaches the game with a lot of heart. He's one of my favorite players in college hoops this year.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'll take Bo Ryan's boring, methodical offense over an asshat like Marshall Henderson any day.

Disagreed. College basketball needs more Marshall Hendersons. Yeah, he's cocky, he talks trash, but he also approaches the game with a lot of heart. He's one of my favorite players in college hoops this year.

I don't hate Marshall Henderson because he's cocky. I don't hate him because he talks trash. I don't hate him because he takes a lot of shots. I hate him because on and off the court, he is the biggest douchebag in college basketball.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I don't hate Marshall Henderson because he's cocky. I don't hate him because he talks trash. I don't hate him because he takes a lot of shots. I hate him because on and off the court, he is the biggest douchebag in college basketball.

Why do you think Lights Off likes him?

Fellow douchebags support one another.....

Michigan is crushing VCU. There goes my bracket, looks like the Big Ten was for real this year, except Wisconsin who cant hit water if they fell of a boat.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Exactly. He's just a volume scorer, nothing too special about it. I like a guy that can talk a little trash and has he game to back it up. But Marshall Henderson is an idiot that's been at 4 schools already and he's only a junior. And he went to jail for buying a ton of weed with fake money. That's not what college basketball needs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Michigan is crushing VCU. There goes my bracket, looks like the Big Ten was for real this year, except Wisconsin who cant hit water if they fell of a boat.

I like VCU, but when they made the Final Four in 2011 they did not have to go through nearly as many landmines as they would to get there this year. They would have to go through Michigan, either UNC or Kansas and then probably Florida.

That's the regional above any other where you can't say a team that made it to the Final Four in large part by lucking out with matchups.

Its also the first A10 team to go out.

Also not a fan at all of this TV schedule. Just two early games and you got Syracuse tipping off at 9:40.

You know, if nothing else, for those of you picking VCU, you were aware Michigan was playing in Detroit, correct?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Keep running up the score Michigan. VCU deserves this.

I thought VCU would have played a better game.

So if VCU sucked this badly today, what the hell does that say about Akron, the team VCU penetrated in their 1st game?

It says they were sick with the flue and missing their point guard for getting arrested. They were hardly the team that ran over the MAC all season long.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So if VCU sucked this badly today, what the hell does that say about Akron, the team VCU penetrated in their 1st game?

If you run up the score on an opponent you deserve to get blown out the next game. There is no reason to keep starters in, playing full court press, and chucking up 3's up big. Some teams should win and lose, but no team deserves to be humiliated especially given the circumstances.

If you run up the score on an opponent you deserve to get blown out the next game. There is no reason to keep starters in, playing full court press, and chucking up 3's up big. Some teams should win and lose, but no team deserves to be humiliated especially given the circumstances.

I really don't think they ran up the score they didn't have all of there starters in and VCU continued to pressure michigan and Michigan just wasent going to turn balls over and over so they kept playing.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

I really don't think they ran up the score they didn't have all of there starters in and VCU continued to pressure michigan and Michigan just wasent going to turn balls over and over so they kept playing.

I think when your in a do or die game like that, there is no such thing as running up the score.

If there is even a .1% chance the other team can come back, you keep pedal to the floor in games like that.

I was referring to VCU running up the score in the second round. In the end it backfired.

Akron deserves to be humiliated by virtue of both being Akron and being from Akron.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived