2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

Just a very disappointing performance by Louisville but I give Wichita State a lot of credit for just beating them up. If Wichita State wins, they will win the National Title not the Syracuse/Michigan winner.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wichita State had a 20 point lead at this point vs. Ohio State and barely held on. Not sure if twelve is gonna hold up here. Louisville's full court press will surely have the Shockers in panic-mode for the final ten.

6uXNWAo.png

Those referees just SCREWED Wichita State out of a chance to force OT.

The narrative must be protected. And how does Mark Emmert still have a job and/or an organization at this point?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow, what a despicable call. Really makes you wonder just how deep the Ed Rush scandal goes.

Um, hate to rain on your ranting parade here, but I don't think those were Pac-12 refs to begin with I think. I would need to see the play in question before making a judgement here.

Out of curiosity, why don't they actually do a jump ball anymore when there's a jump ball situation?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What baffles me about tie-up situations is that the possession arrow is used in lieu of the jump ball and, thus, should be used with the same discretion.

With that in mind, there are numerous tie-up calls in NCB games. How many jump balls do you see in an NBA game? At most, two? The jump ball equivalency is far too high in NCB, and it reared it's ugly head there.

spacer.png

Explain.

Basically, there's an arrow on the scoreboard that determines which team gets possession in a jump ball situation by pointing at that team's basket. Whoever loses the opening tip gets to have the possession arrow in their favor to start the game, and then it alternates with each jump ball.

Personally, I think it's a dumb rule because often times, it screws the losing team over after a great defensive effort because it's the other team's turn to get the ball.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Explain.

Basically, there's an arrow on the scoreboard that determines which team gets possession in a jump ball situation by pointing at that team's basket. Whoever loses the opening tip gets to have the possession arrow in their favor to start the game, and then it alternates with each jump ball.

Personally, I think it's a dumb rule because often times, it screws the losing team over after a great defensive effort because it's the other team's turn to get the ball.

I know what the arrow is; I just wanted to hear why you called it idiotic. Thanks, though.

Archived