2013 NCAA Tournament

thespleenenator

To the game's credit:

• the score went into the 80's
  • both teams played well (re: Butler/uConn)
  • the god-awful block/foul changed the game but wasn't an error of Bartmanian gravity
  • Ware gave the game something of a narrative

However those uniforms are unbearable. Championship teams shouldn't look like the basketball equivalent of Kid Vid from the BK Kidz Club:

tumblr_m3sj3bjoJB1qh1xzho1_250.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the game's credit:

You sure you saw the same game I saw in Houston two years ago? Because if I can remember, the Bulldogs couldn't find a basket to save their lives in the 2nd half.

I referenced the Butler/uConn game because it was arguably the worst title game in sports history. Both teams playing well was a huge boost to the NCAA.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Louisville is going to the Final Four again! I'm so proud of this team for facing adversity and playing spectacularly for Ware. :D

So here's our Final Four:

Wichita State vs Louisville

Michigan vs Syracuse

Michigan will win it all mark my words

im suprised no one has come jumping at me about this hahaha.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

To the game's credit:

You sure you saw the same game I saw in Houston two years ago? Because if I can remember, the Bulldogs couldn't find a basket to save their lives in the 2nd half.

I referenced the Butler/uConn game because it was arguably the worst title game in sports history. Both teams playing well was a huge boost to the NCAA.

The Butler/Duke one was pretty good though.

Trey Burke is taking the LeBron approach: bulldoze to the paint, take out defenders with the strength and then sell fouls.

That's not the LeBron approach, mainly because LeBron isn't that great at drawing fouls.

BronFlop.gif

We get it: you'd save LeBron from a fire before you'd save your own daddy.

That initial hit by Chandler is a foul. Just because LeBron flopped afterwards doesn't make it any less of a real foul.

The Chandler hit, I have no problem with. Regular, standard foul call. But LeBron could have walked it off and just took the initial hit. Instead, he flails like a fish without oxygen, selling the call to a flagrant-2, which means foul shots, possession, and ejection of Chandler. So your point of LeBron not drawing or selling fouls is dead.

But this is a college basketball forum. So let's get back to topic...

Too early national champ prediction for 2014:

Ohio State's experience beats Dook and Jabari Parker.

No DeShaun Thomas means the Buckeyes will need to find someone to score. Unfortunately for them, Ross can't play defense to save his life so he sat on the bench far too often this season. He'll have to improve on defense a ton for Ohio State to have a shot at the National Championship.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No DeShaun Thomas means the Buckeyes will need to find someone to score. Unfortunately for them, Ross can't play defense to save his life so he sat on the bench far too often this season. He'll have to improve on defense a ton for Ohio State to have a shot at the National Championship.

Florida State.

Yeah, i said it. I've seen Andrew Wiggins play. YIKES.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My too early predict: Dunk City goes the USC and takes the championship B)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Florida State.

There's a certain school in Lexington that might have something to say about Andrew Wiggins going to FSU. But if he pairs up with Xavier Rathan-Mayes, another Canadian that plays for Huntington Prep, Florida State could make some noise next year. But it's still way too early to be talking about who will be playing for the National Championship next year.

Michigan would be really scary again, but Burke, Hardaway, Robinson, and McGary could all be gone next year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Florida State.

There's a certain school in Lexington that might have something to say about Andrew Wiggins going to FSU. But if he pairs up with Xavier Rathan-Mayes, another Canadian that plays for Huntington Prep, Florida State could make some noise next year. But it's still way too early to be talking about who will be playing for the National Championship next year.

Michigan would be really scary again, but Burke, Hardaway, Robinson, and McGary could all be gone next year.

I don't think McGary is going, considering he only became a starter in the NCAA tournament, and he's a freshman. The rest, yeah, they're going bye bye. Though if they all do somehow return, I think they'll be a consensus national title pick.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not surprisingly, "Rick Patino" is trending on Twitter. Unfortunately for the human race, the man who just acted like a bomb went off when fireworks exploded is named Rick Pitino.

I'm going to go ahead and 1-up you on this one... I just read "Congrats to Rick PATERNO!"

/facepalm

6uXNWAo.png

Aren't the Trojans still under sanctions or facing sanctions?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aren't the Trojans still under sanctions or facing sanctions?

Dunk City doesn't care about no sanctions. Plus I don't think they have them anymore.

Archived