College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iowa tweaked their uniforms for the upcoming season. I really like them!!!

basabe_morehouse_iowa_uni.0_standard_709

BWKXJm2CYAEmFgH.jpg

The graphic on the back is just a basketball net? Oh wow...how clever!! Really pushing the envelope there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New Creighton court. Thankfully no hideous full-court graphics.

creightonupgrade.jpeg

EDIT: Didn't see the new thread about Creighton's new logo, so I removed that piece of it. Court stays, for relevance.

As an aside, the Big East has eight teams (out of ten) that feature blue or navy as school colors.

UCF's uniform downgrade pales in comparison to the travesty that is their "blacktop" basketball floor. They're trying too hard.

At least I understand what some of these lesser-known programs are trying to do with their gaudy-looking floors (that might be the only national media coverage they get all year), but UCF is in the same conference as UConn, Louisville (for this year at least), Cincinnati and Memphis - all pretty strong basketball programs.

Ugh...

BWTqYSzCEAAxwRY.jpg

Why only stripes on the left side of the jersey and pants? It does not compute!

I answered my own question from www.gamecocksonline.com

"According to Under Armour, its goal with the new uniforms was to create a unique visual on the court, and at the same time draw a parallel across various sports on campus. The two stripe story, first introduced in football, has been interpreted for the basketball uniforms as well.

The placement for the striping on the men's uniform is on the front left leg of the short and left shoulder of the jersey, creating an iconic placement and Under Armour's first asymmetrical look. The numbers on the jerseys feature a unique South Carolina Digi camp pattern, featuring the palmetto tree and crescent moon from the state flag."

spacer.png

Archived