College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Carolina's are some of the worst in uniform design I have ever seen across all sports.

Their design teams are just terrible...and they always try to come up with some silly explanation relating back to the school and their tradition for why they did it...and it makes NO sense.

Just terrible all across the board.

I'm actually a fan of South Carolina's uniforms! It's not a) using the same dull Duke-esque template b)not as simple or generic as with a small upgrade like Iowa c)because its just like Memphis and its unique. Hats off for the detail in the numbers.

South Carolina and California's and Southern Mississippi..these I really like. UCF on the other hand missed the boat!

shado_logo.gif

Ugh...

BWTqYSzCEAAxwRY.jpg

Why only stripes on the left side of the jersey and pants? It does not compute!

I answered my own question from www.gamecocksonline.com

"According to Under Armour, its goal with the new uniforms was to create a unique visual on the court, and at the same time draw a parallel across various sports on campus. The two stripe story, first introduced in football, has been interpreted for the basketball uniforms as well.

The placement for the striping on the men's uniform is on the front left leg of the short and left shoulder of the jersey, creating an iconic placement and Under Armour's first asymmetrical look. The numbers on the jerseys feature a unique South Carolina Digi camp pattern, featuring the palmetto tree and crescent moon from the state flag."

Our odd striping only makes sense for our football uni's. At Carolina's historical part of campus, The Horseshoe, we have 11 buildings. The football helmets have 3 stripes while the pants and jersey each have 4, which come out to be 11.

These basketball uniforms are quite terrible in contrast.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Ugh...

BWTqYSzCEAAxwRY.jpg

I thought the NCAA banned asymmetrical uniforms after the 07 season when Memphis wore these.

memphis-topper.jpg

Auburn wore these asymmetrical uniforms last year, with striping on one shoulder and on the opposite pant leg (both only on one side obviously)

media_6be3ff59635947a288610225e55da554.j

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Hi, I'm illwauk, and my team doesn't look ridiculous!

mke_mbb_2013_2014_zps8bf7b3fd.png

While there's some small things I don't care for here (particularly the gold touching white), I can't really complain because this is what we wore last year.

wiml-m-baskbl-media.jpg29831306-ap_milwaukee_depaul_basketball.

hot_entry.jpg?1352220934

Louisville has a different look this year. The Cardinal logos on the shorts look huge.

IMG_1470.jpg

I believe those are just practice uniforms

That's what many people (including myself) thought about the new KU uniforms. This is the same template, at least for the tops, that KU's game jerseys are.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Louisville has a different look this year. The Cardinal logos on the shorts look huge.

IMG_1470.jpg

I believe those are just practice uniforms

That's what many people (including myself) thought about the new KU uniforms. This is the same template, at least for the tops, that KU's game jerseys are.

If that is the case, then they look like :censored:!

spacer.png

Archived