• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Mexico released their new unis and they are downright awful

post-5407-0-13565000-1382568552.jpg

Front:

post-5407-0-71659800-1382568573.jpg

What was wrong with their last set???

I wonder if cherry is still New Mexico's primary color. You do not see college (or pro) teams have cherry as their color. Temple is the only other one I can think of, and their colors stand out more.

But according to these pictures, it looks more scarlet than cherry, but it could also be the lighting from those photos.

Maybe they both call their color the same thing, but as long as I have been watching sports New Mexico and Temple have never worn the same color.

Just went through the last few pages and I have come up with the following conclusions:

Adidas needs to stick to football

Nike is getting better with basketball

Under Armour should stay away from basketball

San Jose State needs to just go out and find a local Jr High School to play their games... It's about the same capacity and will get people to come to their games unlike their current court

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Memphis should just stick with gray jerseys for their home games and blue jerseys for their road games. Black jerseys? That really isn't Memphis identity, and besides I am sick and tired of seeing teams (football or basketball) wearing black jerseys when their primary color isn't black.

This. I hate it when teams with beautiful, under-utilized colors like Memphis insist on bringing black into the picture.

I agree with you that it sucks, but to call royal blue underutilized is a bit much.

Indeed, but Memphis is one of only two D1 schools to use royal blue and grey (Eastern Illinois). I can also think of at least a few schools off-hand that have a non-specified blue, and switched from royal to navy over the past couple decades (Pitt, BYU and Marquette immediately come to mind).

rp_primary_jerseyfanvote47.jpg

KENT, Ohio - Head coach Rob Senderoff and the Kent State men's basketball team have invited Golden Flashes fans to decide which uniform the team will wear for the season opener on Nov. 8 against Ohio Northern.

Fan voting will take place on KentStateSports.com, the official website of Kent State Athletics, beginning on Oct. 24 and concluding Nov. 6 at 5:00 p.m. ET. To vote in the poll, click on the "Vote Now" button in the rotator located below the headlines on the main page of the website, which is also located at the end of this release.

The Golden Flashes' black, gold, gray and navy jerseys are the options fans can select for opening night. Fans should be familiar with each of these options, as all four were worn by the team last season.

Be sure to be at the M.A.C. when the Golden Flashes begin the 2013-14 season against the Polar Bears of Ohio Northern, as the winning jersey will be announced as the team takes the court for pre-game warmups.

Kent State is one of a handful of Division I programs with five different colors from in its wardrobe. The Flashes have a brand new white uniform that will be worn later on during the 2013-14 season.

Memphis should just stick with gray jerseys for their home games and blue jerseys for their road games. Black jerseys? That really isn't Memphis identity, and besides I am sick and tired of seeing teams (football or basketball) wearing black jerseys when their primary color isn't black.

This. I hate it when teams with beautiful, under-utilized colors like Memphis insist on bringing black into the picture.

I agree with you that it sucks, but to call royal blue underutilized is a bit much.

Indeed, but Memphis is one of only two D1 schools to use royal blue and grey (Eastern Illinois). I can also think of at least a few schools off-hand that have a non-specified blue, and switched from royal to navy over the past couple decades (Pitt, BYU and Marquette immediately come to mind).

Middle Tennessee? Definitely royal blue is underused however, navy is overused greatly.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

ummm ... UA has been doing a fine job for their bball digs.

Looking throughout this thread, here are my random thoughts:I love Iowa State's set ... UCF usually has decent ones, sad to see that's changed (although I like the court) ... nobody is going to touch Long Beach State and their "The Beach" gimmick (especially not the other Cal schools, nor will JMU lol) ...

marylandmini.png

KENT, Ohio - Head coach Rob Senderoff and the Kent State men's basketball team have invited Golden Flashes fans to decide which uniform the team will wear for the season opener on Nov. 8 against Ohio Northern.

Fan voting will take place on KentStateSports.com, the official website of Kent State Athletics, beginning on Oct. 24 and concluding Nov. 6 at 5:00 p.m. ET. To vote in the poll, click on the "Vote Now" button in the rotator located below the headlines on the main page of the website, which is also located at the end of this release.

The Golden Flashes' black, gold, gray and navy jerseys are the options fans can select for opening night. Fans should be familiar with each of these options, as all four were worn by the team last season.

Be sure to be at the M.A.C. when the Golden Flashes begin the 2013-14 season against the Polar Bears of Ohio Northern, as the winning jersey will be announced as the team takes the court for pre-game warmups.

Kent State is one of a handful of Division I programs with five different colors from in its wardrobe. The Flashes have a brand new white uniform that will be worn later on during the 2013-14 season.

i just don't like the inconsistency with the set. They are all different. If three of them were the same and one different, that's fine. Or if two of them were the same, one a throwback and the other an alternate, that's okay. But there's no consistency with it.

marylandmini.png

ummm ... UA has been doing a fine job for their bball digs.

I guess I shouldve worded it differently. Of the ones that I've seen UA make, I haven't been really impressed compared to their football uniforms they've made

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

How could they describe these as black, gold, gray and navy? It's navy, yellow, gray and royal blue...

spacer.png

How could they describe these as black, gold, gray and navy? It's navy, yellow, gray and royal blue...

They're not computer rendered properly. The royal is navy and the navy is black. The grey is also a little darker.

They're not computer rendered properly. The royal is navy and the navy is black. The grey is also a little darker.

The one on the far left is black. The numbers on it are navy.

Here is a pic of it from last year: BGSU-s-Cameron-Black-blocks-a-shot-by-Ke

Middle Tennessee? Definitely royal blue is underused however, navy is overused greatly.

IIRC, grey/silver isn't an official color for MTSU... they're blue and white.

Archived