College Basketball 2013-14

DaytonBlue

Why does Baylor get away with having different colors for football and basketball?

Because they have nike for football and adidas for basketball. The football team has traditionally worn old gold helmets and nike decided to stick with old gold for Baylor. What's interesting is that the women's basketball uses Nike and old gold as well

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how many schools, like Baylor, have different uniform manufacturers for their major sports? The number has to be quite small.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

For tennessee, is the number font the same as the football teams?

It is not the same.

The picture makes it look like the number font is close to what the New Orleans Hornets were wearing the last few years...am I seeing things?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For tennessee, is the number font the same as the football teams?

It is not the same.

The picture makes it look like the number font is close to what the New Orleans Hornets were wearing the last few years...am I seeing things?

I think that's the effect of the fabric number, but it is thin like those hornets numbers.

The number font is similar to the football number font, but thinner and taller. Same hard outer edges with rounded inner edges.

Nice, now if only Nike would match football fonts on their basketball jerseys (ie Minnesota)

That might just be Minnesota's choice. Nike has no problems matching football and basketball fonts for Michigan State or Miami for example.

Not sure whose choice it is, but Texas' football and basketball fonts don't match.

Of course then you have a school like Baylor who wears Nike for football and adidas for (men's) basketball, but the font/wordmark still matches.

Nice, now if only Nike would match football fonts on their basketball jerseys (ie Minnesota)

That might just be Minnesota's choice. Nike has no problems matching football and basketball fonts for Michigan State or Miami for example.

Not sure whose choice it is, but Texas' football and basketball fonts don't match.

Of course then you have a school like Baylor who wears Nike for football and adidas for (men's) basketball, but the font/wordmark still matches.

If Minnesota or Texas asked to have their fonts match on the hoops and football jerseys, Nike would do it. Prior to MSU's big re-brand a few years ago, the basketball and football team had different number fonts, but their athletic director wanted everything to match. I think prior to that, coaches at MSU had the final say on what their teams would wear.

St. John's moves to Under Armour for all sports:

BUYUJ_2CEAEaK88.jpg

BUYgDXqCIAAl5PW.jpg

Under Armor is basically throwing back to the Felipe Lopez era uniforms.

289BF28F-CD2B-436B-A570-DCCA00CF17FB-162

Still one of my favorite uniforms ever...it has flaws and wasn't perfect but I loved the skyline.

Loved how one building came up onto the jersey too:

p34526042-3.jpg

Archived