• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys Stadium - North Texas, TX (2013)

8613126018_ca41534e5f_z.jpg

Calling it Arlington doesn't make sense as Dallas is the marquee name.. the brand name of the area per se. But calling it Dallas isn't really fair to Arlington as that is where the Stadium is, plus Fort Worth gets the shaft as they are a huge portion of the population of the metroplex. So they needed an area name that encompasses all of that. I don't really get why its "North Texas" though. Not being from the area, but I would consider the other west of Oklahoma (south of the panhandle) to be North Texas. The Amarillo area. Dallas seems more like east/central to me. Its certainly north of houston and san antonio but not North texas.

Again, talking out my a$$ because I know nothing about the area.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Cowboys Stadium - North Texas, TX (2013)

8613126018_ca41534e5f_z.jpg

Calling it Arlington doesn't make sense as Dallas is the marquee name.. the brand name of the area per se. But calling it Dallas isn't really fair to Arlington as that is where the Stadium is, plus Fort Worth gets the shaft as they are a huge portion of the population of the metroplex. So they needed an area name that encompasses all of that. I don't really get why its "North Texas" though. Not being from the area, but I would consider the other west of Oklahoma (south of the panhandle) to be North Texas. The Amarillo area. Dallas seems more like east/central to me. Its certainly north of houston and san antonio but not North texas.

Again, talking out my a$$ because I know nothing about the area.

Actually, I think you bring up some very valid points why the whole North Texas thing is dumb. If they needed an all encompassing name, Dallas-Ft. Worth would've been more than serviceable. If Arlington feels put off by that, then too damn bad... it's just a sprawling, culturally insignificant suburb that would never be able to host events like the Final Four or the Super Bowl if not for its proximity to larger, actually-relevant cities.

• 11 months later...
  • IceCap unlocked this topic

I can send you some pictures of the Oklahoma City court if you want some. I'm going to the games today. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived