Miami Dolphins' New Logo

imaprince

Let's at least get the correct logo in here if we are going to have a separate thread:

2013Dolphins_avatar_new2.jpg.jpeg

http://www.thefinsid...avatar_new2-jpg

The original logo and the helmet in this thread are both wrong. Thanks Joshawaggie for correcting the logo!

The facemask on the helmet will be white and not aqua because Miami is being ran by idiots.

spacer.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it should be the logo to an old age community in Fort Lauderdale.

No it doesn't.

A simple google image search of retirement communities turned up this.

ScreenShot2013-03-28at102601AM_zps25ae4bb3.png

You seriously can't tell me that any of these look like the dolphins logo.

The Dolphins new logo is a change in style... It happens, and truthfully, it is stylistically similar to the Panthers new logo (except better), so can we all just calm down a little bit? It's a perfectly fine logo that not only looks professional, but doesn't stray from the basic look that the dolphins have always had, sans goofy looking helmet.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I love this change. The old one (to steal from lights out) is too corny.

As for "intimidating", that's just not necessary. Look at how intimidating some comical minor league logos are. Should Texas make its football helmet logo more intimidating? Maybe the Detroit Lions should. The fact that there is nothing intimidating about the logo is a positive. So is the lack of detail and the lack of a helmet and a menacing face. I totally disagree with the notion that it is lifeless/motionless.

Of course, we all have our biases. I tend to favor logos in the neighborhood of "silhouette", and logos with minimal detail. So I was bound to prefer this. And I grew up (as, I guess did we all) with the angry, helmet-wearing dolphin...I was OK with it, but now that they are taking some of the cartoon out of it, I just can't look at the old one and not think "too silly." Yeah, that's another bias I have; logos should look like the team is "taking it seriously."

And anytime someone says the sun is a downgrade, I am surprised. I grew up thinking it was a flaming hoop at Sea World. The different-sized rays make it for more clear what it is supposed to be. At least to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love this change. The old one (to steal from lights out) is too corny.

As for "intimidating", that's just not necessary. Look at how intimidating some comical minor league logos are. Should Texas make its football helmet logo more intimidating? Maybe the Detroit Lions should.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the Lions tried to do. People here in Detroit made fun of the old one... called him "Bubbles the lion"... so the new one is supposed to be tougher.

Looks like it should be the logo to an old age community in Fort Lauderdale.

No it doesn't.

A simple google image search of retirement communities turned up this.

ScreenShot2013-03-28at102601AM_zps25ae4bb3.png

You seriously can't tell me that any of these look like the dolphins logo.

The Dolphins new logo is a change in style... It happens, and truthfully, it is stylistically similar to the Panthers new logo (except better), so can we all just calm down a little bit? It's a perfectly fine logo that not only looks professional, but doesn't stray from the basic look that the dolphins have always had, sans goofy looking helmet.

Hey, stop trying to be reasonable... people hate that! :P Saying "this logo looks like a retirement home/ logo for Seaworld" is the Dolphin equivalent of "clip art / too cartoony" from the Jaguars discussion.

Let's at least get the correct logo in here if we are going to have a separate thread:

2013Dolphins_avatar_new2.jpg.jpeg

http://www.thefinsid...avatar_new2-jpg

Instead of criticizing it as a cross-eye, has anyone took into consideration that perhaps the white part of the eye is the iris; and that the dark aqua blue color is the sclera?

Sun's in his eyes. Get him some shades

Go A's!

No one has been a bigger Dolphins traditionalist than me, I went to my first game in 1969 and have been praying for decades that they would revert to the logo of my avatar...that being said, I really like the new logo, much better than the revamped '97 version. I just hope the uni's don't de-emphasize the orange too much, as has been rumored.

Dolphins. Plural.

Not Dolphin's. Possessive.

The team has always been known as the Miami Dolphins. No apostrophe.

Why do people add apostrophes to make words plural?

/end rant

kinda like the Red Sox are the Red Sox not the Red Soxs

No one has been a bigger Dolphins traditionalist than me, I went to my first game in 1969 and have been praying for decades that they would revert to the logo of my avatar...that being said, I really like the new logo, much better than the revamped '97 version. I just hope the uni's don't de-emphasize the orange too much, as has been rumored.

my biggest fear too. We are Aqua and ORANGE. Lets keep it that way

To the people who say it looks like a whale - you're incorrect.

It looks like an Orca, which is actually toothed whale belonging to the oceanic dolphin family. True whales (humpbacks, blues, etc) are all uncoordinated and cumbersome looking. Plus they have barnacle skin. Orcas are swift, precise and rubbery-skinned, just like their dolphin family relatives.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Killer_whale

/End Marine Biology Lesson.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived