If NIKE ruled the B1G (REBOOTED! Nebraska + Maryland added 8/3/13)

TheOneAndOnlyMau

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey everybody sorry for the delay. hopefully theres still some interest in this.

Ive completed NW and have some work done on some other schools so hopefully ill be able to churn some of the others out in the near future. For now, heres Northwestern.

I really wanted to keep the Northwestern stripe the prominent feature without copying the current UA design, which im sure Nike wouldnt be able to keep if they were to redesign this set. The large center stripe is lined by two very small black lines to tie the third color into the whole set without overdoing it. The stripe is also featured on the helmet. White and purple pants offer contrasting and monochrome options. A black set of pants would be available as well, i just didnt render it.

What do you think?

Home:

nw_pres_zps4dd9094a.jpg

Away:

nw_pres_away_zps94234154.jpg

UPDATE:

NW_preview_zps3167d512.jpg

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Any logo on the helmet for Northwestern? Also, put the pant stripe all the way up to the belt, and it'll look good.

Yeah i used the "N" as the helmet logo. I figured it was pretty skinny and wouldnt really be visible from the direct front or back so i didnt put it on. Im working on an action shot that shows the logo

• 2 weeks later...

Rutgers:

For Rutgers, i wanted to move them away from their craptastic set they have now with the unnecessary amounts of gray and utilize the red and white like they did in the past with a new look. The only thing i kept from the current set was the "burnished armour" effect on the helmets (how only found on the lower half of the lid)

I loved the oversized collars they used to have that reminded me of Penn State's old jerseys so i brought them back in all of their speed machine glory. Anthracite outlines on the numbers and wordmark, as well as NOB. A new sharp, tapered stripe system now adorns the helmet, jersey shoulders and side of the pants. The Slab serif R logo occupies each side of the helmet and the right hip of the pants.

Home:

home_pres_zps73b7a5f6.jpg

Away:

Untitled-2_zps05b5cbe0.jpg

rut_preview_zps52a7a7ba.jpg

What do you think?

Wisconsin Nebraska is a very hard brand to tinker with

Fixed it for ya. :P

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The only problem I have is that you now have the mainly red and whit teams in the same confrence

Yeah, unfortunately there isnt a lot i can do about that haha. However, one my main goals throughout this project is to help distinguish one red team from another in the east.

The only problem I have is that you now have the mainly red and whit teams in the same confrence

Yeah, unfortunately there isnt a lot i can do about that haha. However, one my main goals throughout this project is to help distinguish one red team from another in the east.

That's not unique to the Big Ten.

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia and to a lesser extent - South Carolina and Mississippi State are share a conference. Red + White is a popular uniform combo because. I will grant you a case to be made about certain teams being too similar. Wisconsin basically copied Nebraska's look and Indiana allegedly did the same thing with Oklahoma, which basically just makes the Hoosiers a version of Nebraska/Wisconsin with a red helmet instead of white.

Slightly off topic, when the B1G expanded with Maryland and Rutgers, I proposed they put all the red teams in one division. Oddly enough, it splits up the big four (OSU/NEB and UM/PSU), plus it evenly splits Wisconsin/Minnesota from Michigan State/Iowa.

Pretty fairly divided if you ask me. Also easy to remember which team is in which division.

Reds: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland

Not Reds: Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, Iowa, Purdue

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

All of these are incredible, especially the Rutgers set. It's modern, keeps the feel of a knights uniform, but isn't over the top.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody i kinda let this series go by the wayside and havnt been able to work on it for a while. Ive had some time recently and ive decided to give this a reboot from top to bottom. Ive got a new vector template that ive been using to better show every aspect of each set (helmet template by Julius Seizure) so ill be using that. Ive re-visited some of the teams i had already completed and updated some things i wasnt happy with after further examination so ill post them first. I also made some progress on a few other teams and hope for have the final 3 done shortly. Any C&C/comments would be greatly appreciated

Penn State - The set has been primarily reverted to the style worn during the late paterno era (1993-2010). Stripes, etc have been updated with primarily metallic navy blue material. Oval nittany lion logo featured on collar, with a keystone being featured on the inside collar

Home:

PSU-01_zps2cc91349.jpg

Away:

PSU_away-01_zpscdcc29a4.jpg

Purdue - just some touchup work. The stripe scheme is now constant throughout the whoel set including the helmet. P logo on the helmet is now black instead of white lined in black. Numbers and wordmark on the home jersey have been switched from metallic silver to metallic gold. Black pants are now the standard for the away set. Both can be interchanged

Home:

PURDUE-01_zpsa65693f6.jpg

Away:

PURDUE_away-01_zpsd3cfc8b2.jpg

Wisconsin - No changes

Home:

WISCONSIN-01_zps87329d73.jpg

Away:

WISCONSIN_away-01_zps56881ecf.jpg

Northwestern - The northwestern stripe is now flanked by two thin purple stripes and overlayed on a thick black stripe for all applications (including the helmet). The away jersey now features the new standard stripe scheme and a new number font has been used. Stripe scheme is now featured on the socks

Home:

NORTHWESTERN-01_zpsb0ae617e.jpg

Away:

NORTHWESTERN_away-01_zps30806d3d.jpg

Archived