New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they'll enlarge the horn. I always liked the ginormous original version:

vikings.jpg

I had done a "Modern" version of the old school helmet awhile back so I guess this is what they would look like.

Ho3tfCL.jpg

I hope the hell not!

spacer.png

OK, my guess (pure guess, no real inside info) based on a friend of a friend type deal from a buddy of mine in jersey retail in Minn, plus the script that Jared Allen was asked to read, plus the viking head logo being given the same horns that have been on the helmet, plus Chad Greenway's description of everything being "more plain"...

Flat matte purple helmet, current horn design (minus the sparkle-flakes), gray facemask.

Again... just a guess.

Would be interesting to see two matte helmets bust into the NFL if both the Jags and Vikings go that route. I personally like the matte look, but I know many people on here will have an aneurysm.

Wouldn't be my first choice, by far, but I'd take it over some ridiculous chainmail pattern, or fake looking battle-scars, or imitation rivets, or whatever dumb "viking-like" idea some designer might be pushing.

I'll betcha the Vikings do something totally different with the Viking horn.

The logo gets chopped in two on many players' helmets now. (Looks baddddd.)

153626988.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Yea....my guess is the horns will be tilted up more like the logo

2013-vikings-norseman-logo.jpg

Then they'll have a sublimated design like the bow of the ship they showed on the front, similar to the Seahawks, the main beam in the middle will also look like the middle of the real helmet (the Noseguard piece)

clue1o.jpg

Or hopefully just striping down the middle in the same general shape because that'd look better

Would be interesting to see two matte helmets bust into the NFL if both the Jags and Vikings go that route. I personally like the matte look, but I know many people on here will have an aneurysm.

Wouldn't be my first choice, by far, but I'd take it over some ridiculous chainmail pattern, or fake looking battle-scars, or imitation rivets, or whatever dumb "viking-like" idea some designer might be pushing.

yea, goddamn designers, amiright?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A little harsh? :D Maybe. I just feel like right now were in a bad place in which a whole lot of brand new toys (finishes, patterns, etc.) have been dropped into the laps of the designers at the major companies, and it's like we're an some visual arms race between Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor to see who can use them to make the biggest splash. If I were one of them, I'd probably get caught up, too. Sometimes I just wish they'd calm the frig down. There's very little restraint being shown on the college level... and the Seahawks are a bad sign that the NFL might be next.

i've actually come to really like the seahawks' uniforms for some strange reason. obviously, there are some parts that went a little too far, but i'm a big fan of the little details. it's a very fine line though, one that most don't seem to get right.

A little harsh? :D Maybe. I just feel like right now were in a bad place in which a whole lot of brand new toys (finishes, patterns, etc.) have been dropped into the laps of the designers at the major companies, and it's like we're an some visual arms race between Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor to see who can use them to make the biggest splash. If I were one of them, I'd probably get caught up, too. Sometimes I just wish they'd calm the frig down. There's very little restraint being shown on the college level... and the Seahawks are a bad sign that the NFL might be next.

thats design history in a nutshell. but theres a saying "in order to do great design, you need a client that will allow it". . . or something like that. i think that was Milton Glaiser

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

thats design history in a nutshell. but theres a saying "in order to do great design, you need a client that will allow it". . . or something like that. i think that was Milton Glaiser

True enough.

I'm all for the Vikings updating their helmet horn to match the head logo horn. The angle at which it's always been rendered has never really struck a cord with me and perhaps a more vertical application with help with the holes cutting it off

Midway.png

glxl1wd.jpg

(It's fake)

That pattern is interesting. Kind of reminds me of a bowling ball, though.

star_purplepearl_lg.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yep. It's the 1990s all over again, when manufacturers figured out sublimation. Suddenly every NHL alternate sweater had streaks of colour and gradient and just awful murals passing for sweater design. You had the CFL and NFL Europe coming out with those terrible "logo front and centre" jerseys, not to mention travesties in the NBA like the Hawks' and Raptors' 90s designs. A new technology was discovered and designers and manufacturers went crazy for a while until everyone calmed down and realized how terrible everything looked. Same thing here. Nike, HGI, UnderArmor, and Adidas are going crazy because their design teams have these new technologies to play with, at the expense of aesthetics.

In a few years, once everyone's calmed down, they're going to look at stuff like Oregon, Rutgers, and Seattle and go "wow that was pointlessly ugly."

Archived