New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those purple pants look amazing!

999993_10151834842522836_907674253_n.jpg

If only they wore an all white sock with a stripe or 2...damn leotard look!

A leotard look would be all purple with no stripes like Baltimore.

It would've taken designers all of three seconds to create white stripes socks with this. Until they do that, the purple pants will not look "amazing", IMO.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It would've taken designers all of three seconds to create white stripes socks with this. Until they do that, the purple pants will not look "amazing", IMO.

Like the old saying goes; opinions are like a-holes, everyone have them.

spacer.png

Any guesses on the pant color for the game on Sunday? I'll be there in person and am really looking forward to see how the Vikings purple looks in a dome live. My guess is it will be much more purple than what we see on TV.

Id go with a 90 percent chance that they will be in white pants. Highly doubt theyd go white on purple against a division foe in the first game of the year

I stand corrected

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is there an official Webster's definition for "leotard look"? Because most people around here (myself included) seem to use the term whenever dark pants and dark socks match, pants stripes or no. True, with no-stripe pants, like the Ravens or the Saints, the awfulness is increased, but this version still wrecks what could be a great road uniform.

templions-ap-1sthalf-0908513-014090813--

Wear those pants with white socks/ stripes that match the jersey? That would be an amazing uniform. Wear it like the above image? It's an annoying reminder of how close you came.

Got to see the purple pants live and in person today, and the people I went with (Lions fans) had no idea why I was freaking out about purple pants. I told them that they just wouldnt understand. The good news is, pants looked great on the field, the bad news, the team did not. It's tough when the Lions fans get to heckle you for once.

I am just scared this loss will ruin it for the purple pants going forward.

Yeah "leotard" and "unitard" can't be taken literally, just like "monocrome" can't.

I think "leotard" can be used when pants and socks match, regardless of striping and jersey. It makes more sense in the Ravens (black), Browns (brown), and Saints (black), but still can be used colloquiallly here.

Same with monochrome. I think it's OK to use if just the jersey and pants match, though literally it would mean that the helmet, facemask, and socks also match.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived