New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

The Vikings had their own template last year, but they used Nike's new matte fabric, not materials like Reebok used. The purple fabric of their uniforms is most likely going to be identical to what they wore last year. The pictures shown are clearly filtered to dull the colors. Think of it as the Vikings dimming the house lights at the start of a show before the stage lights go on. You can make out the jerseys on stage, but you can't accurately judge them. When the stage lights go on at the uniform reveal, we will get a true idea of the colors.

Actually, the Vikings did use Nike's template last year (see the two-tone collar and shoulder yolk). As for the teams who did not use the Nike template, they are:

Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Raiders.

There are also some elements of the Nike template that were not used, such as the collar or new ventilation panel. A full list can be found here:

http://www.uni-watch...kenfl-uniforms/

My point was that even though Nike makes the unis, that doesnt mean its made with all new nike design or style. As with the color/fabric for the vikings. And yes, I know how dramatc lighting is used in photography.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting pic from the Daily Norseman... side by side of old and new. Still don't think the color can be deduced, based on Roman's points. But one thing I noticed. On the old jersey, the edge of the numbers were just visible from this view... this jersey, not.

MKADRza.jpg

That new jersey looks just as dark as OldSchoolVikings helmet in his signature. I know everyone thinks it is the lightening, but what if the color is actually darker and they have not announced it yet?

See, I don't think it looks any darker in this pic. Different, yes. Duller, maybe. But not really darker, to me. I still think they're probably intensionally messing with the purple in this image, because, you know... drama.

Interesting pic from the Daily Norseman... side by side of old and new. Still don't think the color can be deduced, based on Roman's points. But one thing I noticed. On the old jersey, the edge of the numbers were just visible from this view... this jersey, not.

MKADRza.jpg

First off, I'm pretty sure all those pictures are photoshopped anyway, since each team's reveal featured identical pictures. Either way, maybe they just left the numbers off the shoulder so there would be suspense over what color numbers they were using. As for the color and the numbers on last year's jerseys, there was nothing to conceal, as the design itself wasn't changing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Vikings had their own template last year, but they used Nike's new matte fabric, not materials like Reebok used. The purple fabric of their uniforms is most likely going to be identical to what they wore last year. The pictures shown are clearly filtered to dull the colors. Think of it as the Vikings dimming the house lights at the start of a show before the stage lights go on. You can make out the jerseys on stage, but you can't accurately judge them. When the stage lights go on at the uniform reveal, we will get a true idea of the colors.

Actually, the Vikings did use Nike's template last year (see the two-tone collar and shoulder yolk). As for the teams who did not use the Nike template, they are:

Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Raiders.

There are also some elements of the Nike template that were not used, such as the collar or new ventilation panel. A full list can be found here:

http://www.uni-watch...kenfl-uniforms/

My point was that even though Nike makes the unis, that doesnt mean its made with all new nike design or style. As with the color/fabric for the vikings. And yes, I know how dramatc lighting is used in photography.

You are correct. I meant "had their own template" in that it had the side panels with the swoops going around the arms. They did feature Nike elements, such as the flywire and belly-sweat panel.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

OSV, i dont think those side by sides really show anything except the one seam is different. the TV numbers could still be on the shoulders, its just too hard to tell from this. there are so many things that determin color in a digital photo. you could take 2 different cameras and snap a shot of the same thing at the same time and one might produce color thats a bit different

Harrington or Gundell, if you're reading you might be best to answer this, but how many jersys have the word marks sewn into the chest like the Vik's word mark here? i was assuming most would be an applique

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

MKADRza.jpg

First off, I'm pretty sure all those pictures are photoshopped anyway, since each team's reveal featured identical pictures. Either way, maybe they just left the numbers off the shoulder so there would be suspense over what color numbers they were using. As for the color and the numbers on last year's jerseys, there was nothing to conceal, as the design itself wasn't changing.

Yeah, your probably right, but I still thought it would be an interesting compairison image.

Also the fly wire crap looks like a dark grey color...also a different jersey cut, look at the seams. Hopefully they made an awesome uniform that reflect the grit of the Viking name. I really like the Rutgers effect on their helmets and that would tie in to a Viking helmet but maybe more subtle with the helmet matte or the Aggie finish and the distressed portion being chrome

Regarding the number, I was thinking it is probably just a blank jersey. The purple looks darker to me but I am not that excited about it given that the team is not changing its purple.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah I don't see them adding black. Especially with this darker shade of purple.

Black would more appropriate than gray

Why is that?

From a facemask perspective, a black facemask would go with the darker shades than a light grey facemask as it would stand out and not fit in with the rest of the uniform.

I’m actually hoping for a gray mask for two reasons (OK, three…);

First, a gray mask is a very strong indicator that we’ll be getting a traditional design. Unless you’re the Arizona Cardinal, it’s hard to picture a team going cutting edge with the uniform, and at the same time switching to gray mask. I’d be willing to take the gray mask if it guarantees the overall look is old school.

Two, I don’t really mind a gray mask in some circumstances. I prefer it on the Browns, and Colts, even though there’s no other gray in the uniform. It suits them, more from a branding angle than aesthetics, and I’d like to see that same type of branding for the Vikings.

And third, a gray mask will make a certain segment of this board go all wiggy for pages and pages… good times. :P

jersey-close-article.jpg

From the official Vikings website:

Below is a close-up shot of the new purple home jersey. Specifically, the area featured below is the spot below the collar but above the numbers on the front of the jersey.

I don't see why the Vikings would post a "close-up shot" of the new purple home jersey but not show the real color. This does not seem like a "tease" in my opinion but simply a close-up shot of part of the jersey. This appears to be the real deal by all accounts coming from the official Vikings website. The purple is definitely a little darker in both images that we have seen circulating today. Sure, the lighting can have an effect on the colors, but its definitely a darker purple (think throwback uniforms/helmets) than the purple we saw on the jerseys from 2006-2012.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Vikings are going to be getting about $230 from me April 25th...or whatever crazy price an authentic is.

I didn't :censored: with the 06 redesign any more than buying a jersey shirt, knew it wasn't going to be long term.

I couldn't figure out how to download it from the website, good thing you knew how to.

Someone got it on the youtube so I can't take credit as the creator.

Pretty ordinary video but some people where pointing to the bags in the closet that look like they are black/purple/grey as a possible clue. I'm not sold 100%.

Archived