New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, it works best when 3, 6, 8, or 9 is on the right side. But honestly, it has more than worn out its welcome for me. It is easily the worst feature (including black facemask and the expanding stripe) on this uniform. I don't think it's going to last that long.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

In my opinion, it works best when 3, 6, 8, or 9 is on the right side. But honestly, it has more than worn out its welcome for me. It is easily the worst feature (including black facemask and the expanding stripe) on this uniform. I don't think it's going to last that long.

I would agree that the numerals are not as visually pleasing as they could be. Despite the rationale for the application, it doesn't remove the fact that they look especially bizarre and strange when comparing one style numeral against the other.

HOWEVER, I still think that this uniform is miles better than the piped out, modern age look the Vikes are now retiring. Even with the quirks this uniform has (numerals, expanding striping, black facemask, inconsistent pant striping), it is infinitely better looking than the old. I also think that it will still look very nice on the field and when viewed from most angles and distances, the quirks will mostly disappear. I think you'll get a very clean and identifiable look despite all those quirks. It's not perfect (certainly not) but it still looks pretty damn good and is EXPONENTIALLY more attractive than the old uniforms.

It baffles me how bad they dropped the ball on this number set, they ruined what could have been a Blue Jays like type of re-brand; near perfection. One of the first things to consider when designing a numeral set for uniforms is to examine how each number when paired with another number, will look.

It almost comes off as leaving something not right only to fix it at a later point so people can buy the "fixed" product. There is no way they thought these would work well or looked pleasing.

The numbers are a cool idea, but they feel like they were designed around Adrian Peterson's #28 and because that's the jersey they'll sell the most of, it doesn't matter how the rest look.

Anytime the second digit has a hard line such as 1, 4, 5, and 7 it looks really bad to have that serif right there crashing into it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would agree that the numerals are not as visually pleasing as they could be. Despite the rationale for the application, it doesn't remove the fact that they look especially bizarre and strange when comparing one style numeral against the other.

HOWEVER, I still think that this uniform is miles better than the piped out, modern age look the Vikes are now retiring. Even with the quirks this uniform has (numerals, expanding striping, black facemask, inconsistent pant striping), it is infinitely better looking than the old. I also think that it will still look very nice on the field and when viewed from most angles and distances, the quirks will mostly disappear. I think you'll get a very clean and identifiable look despite all those quirks. It's not perfect (certainly not) but it still looks pretty damn good and is EXPONENTIALLY more attractive than the old uniforms.

This. You're not gonna notice the little things like serifs and un-conventional sleeve stripes on the field. You will however, notice the lack of awful things like side panels, over the shoulder loops, and that pipe horn stripe thing on the last set.

This is what you'll see on the field.

temp1_2013unilineart--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpeg0223jpg.jpg?width=960&height=720

temp2_2013unipeterson0234jpg--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

That being said, I love the un-centered pant striping and the black facemask. The sleeve striping is meh to me, i'd rather just have straight stripes. The number serifs I'm mixed about. I love the look of the serifed 1's and 4's and love the number thats "interlock" like 28. But as mentioned above numbers like 11 just look odd. If I had a choice i'd rather have them unserifed as I love the font itself. Although I can't complain because I'd much rather have serifed plain white numbers than unserifed gold outlined numbers. I hate gold outlines and am just glad they went plain white.

But at the end of the day, I can't get myself to complain and nitpick little things like that. Some of you guys blessed with teams that have always have good uni's don't know how good you have it, this is a HUGE deal for people like myself. I no longer have to throw up every Sunday.

With the unveiling of the new stadium renderings, it looks as though the Vikings' uniforms will see lots of daylight at home and will appear more purple in the natural light, than the blue-ish tone in the domed indoor lighting. That's a plus!

Greg Jennings in the new uni...

Greg_Jennings_New_Uni_zps0d5d93bc.jpg

"I put the team on my back, dawg"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived