New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Sewn on beats screened on, to me, but I'd still prefer the knit sleeve stripes that the Steelers use.

Screened stripes...

aaron-rodgers.jpg

Sewn stripes...

Full_Shoulder.jpg

Knit stripes...

Ben+Roethlisberger+Cincinnati+Bengals+v+Pittsburgh+og3DL9PPjNQl.jpg

And then there's this...

20130517_212848_zps209fd2ac.jpg

...which really bugs me

One thing that's interesting (not necessarily good or bad, but interesting) about the sleeve stripe is that it's obviously designed with the new jersey cut in mind. Not only does this "stripe" not go all the way around, it isn't even supposed to. In fact, if it did, it would look stupid because the white stripe can't connect to itself... how would that even work?

temp18_2013unipeterson--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpeg0232jpg.jpg?width=960&height=720

So, unlike, say the Steelers or Browns, where the stripe is a weird "best we can do" version of itself on the current tiny sleeves, at least this one looks the was it was designed to look.

One thing that's interesting (not necessarily good or bad, but interesting) about the sleeve stripe is that it's obviously designed with the new jersey cut in mind. Not only does this "stripe" not go all the way around, it isn't even supposed to. In fact, if it did, it would look stupid because the white stripe can't connect to itself... how would that even work?

So, unlike, say the Steelers or Browns, where the stripe is a weird "best we can do" version of itself on the current tiny sleeves, at least this one looks the was it was designed to look.

Maybe I'm missing something but that white "stripe" just seems like some pointless random shape.

Maybe I'm missing something but that white "stripe" just seems like some pointless random shape.

arn't they all?

And then there's this...

20130517_212848_zps209fd2ac.jpg

...which really bugs me

That's a mishmash. And it's not even the on-field version, because it has the wrong sleeve number font... Chicago's sleeve numbers (now shoulder numbers) are much bolder and not as tall.

arn't they all?

Pretty much...

Matty-Ice-e1353341653542.jpg

Hey... how did this Viking thread suddenly get clogged up with Packer stuff?

Pack Jacked.

Anyway, here's an example of the invisible stripe being on the jersey rather than the pants like in the previous example. I'd say that this is also perfectly consistent.

3498_kansas_city_chiefs-road-2012.png

It's all about perspective. You see it that way, I don't but I understand what you mean. I disagree because the white stripe on the red pants not only begins, but you can see where it ends. On the white jersey, the "invisible" white stripe begins, but we can't see where it ends, which is why I differ here.

Here's the first shots I've seen of the new uniform outside under the sun. Like a previous poster said, the numbers look so much better and natural with the players moving around and in action, and not simply a front-on mannequin view. The helmets look A+, too.

LZZ5hBo.jpg

hgOniky.png

9dMzw2n.jpg

Here's the first shots I've seen of the new uniform outside under the sun. Like a previous poster said, the numbers look so much better and natural with the players moving around and in action, and not simply a front-on mannequin view. The helmets look A+, too.

LZZ5hBo.jpg

I hope the one-sided bicycle shorts look is standard for all players.

Kidding aside, that purple is very nice. Helmets I can take or leave; the matte doesn't really add anything special IMO. The numbers are just dumb but not a deal-breaker for the overall uni. Looks pretty good.

LZZ5hBo.jpg

I hope the one-sided bicycle shorts look is standard for all players.

Kidding aside, that purple is very nice. Helmets I can take or leave; the matte doesn't really add anything special IMO. The numbers are just dumb but not a deal-breaker for the overall uni. Looks pretty good.

I agree 100%, these uniforms (and all the other Vikings uniforms) really look much better in the sun, that purple really looks much more true. WIth that said, I am a fan of the matte helmet, but so much more in the natural light. Here it looks like the purples actually match. I also like the fact that the helmet and uniform both look like the same flat material rather than shiny. So happy with this change.

• IceCap locked this topic