New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Maybe nike just wanted a big swoosh looking thing on the sleeve for brand recognition.

I wish it was just a regular stripe though, a design they could keep for 20 years or so. Those numbers and stripes don't seem like something that would stay for too long, hopefully they just tweak it over the years and never go for another "modern" design. Well I guess this is pretty modern... I mean like their last uni's or the Cards.

Don't get me wrong if I was told this would be their uni for the next 20 years i'd be stoked, I just don't see it lasting that long though unless they tweak it.

John_Elway.jpg

16 years, and counting. If you'd told me that in '97, I would've been surprised.

That's a good point and pretty reassuring.

Why are these still around though? Does Elway like them?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe nike just wanted a big swoosh looking thing on the sleeve for brand recognition.

I wish it was just a regular stripe though, a design they could keep for 20 years or so. Those numbers and stripes don't seem like something that would stay for too long, hopefully they just tweak it over the years and never go for another "modern" design. Well I guess this is pretty modern... I mean like their last uni's or the Cards.

Don't get me wrong if I was told this would be their uni for the next 20 years i'd be stoked, I just don't see it lasting that long though unless they tweak it.

John_Elway.jpg

16 years, and counting. If you'd told me that in '97, I would've been surprised.

He won two superbowls in them. You tell me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

John_Elway.jpg

He won two superbowls in them. You tell me.

Well yeah, that's what I was getting at.

They do look a lot better on modern jersey cuts though, i'll give them that.

Sooo, here we are...

I wonder what the new Vikings uniforms will look like! Oh...yeah...we did that already.

Well, I cant wait to see our two first rounders hold up the new jersey at the draft! Hummm...there were three you say? Sweet.

Hey, I know, what do you think about those serifs on the first numeral? Oh, right...

Well at least we all can agree the sleeve stripe looks like a boat. I mean a sail. I mean...crap!

I guess I'll just go ahead...and uh...pack up my things here...ummm...yup...but if you need something before I go, I mean, I cant toally get it for ya...I dont have to leave just yet. No?

Ok...soooooo...I'll see you guys around..uhhhh...skol...Vikes?

:/

Took a long ass time to trace it perfectly in Illustrator but...

MinnesotaNumbers_zps3d6ce898.png

I'm calling BS...that looks EXACTLY like page 3 of the logo slick. The mechanical art. Every detail is exact - from the spacing between the two digits, to the spacing between each set. Exact.

All, except the colors...Tan background???

I'm calling BS...that looks EXACTLY like page 3 of the logo slick. The mechanical art. Every detail is exact - from the spacing between the two digits, to the spacing between each set. Exact.

Well, it's not an EXACT copy. Used that as a "base" to trace it. The "tan" background is the flesh tone* color in the face on the Vikings logo.

*at least I think it's still called "Flesh Tone"

Well, it's not an EXACT copy. Used that as a "base" to trace it. The "tan" background is the flesh tone* color in the face on the Vikings logo.

Are those numbers outlined in gold?

No - they call it Tan.

No - they call it Tan.

Sorry, I dont think I phrased my question correctly. What I mean to say was... Why are those numbers outlined.

5699_large5.jpgUniform-01.jpg

I actually like the way the sleeve stripes BOW of the ship sits on this early PONDER uniform. That VS the official sleeves on the Jared Allen uniform to the left. Looks as if they switched it lower at the last minute, which seems like a bad mistake. The PONDER version actually works for me.

You're comparing the retail replica to the on field authentic. The cuts are very different.

I actually like the way the sleeve stripes BOW of the ship sits on this early PONDER uniform. That VS the official sleeves on the Jared Allen uniform to the left. Looks as if they switched it lower at the last minute, which seems like a bad mistake. The PONDER version actually works for me.

You're comparing the retail replica to the on field authentic. The cuts are very different.

So, is there a way to purchase the PONDER version. I do not like the sleeve on the replica. If you are actually correct about your theory, thanks.

6hrq0k.png

So, is there a way to purchase the PONDER version. I do not like the sleeve on the replica. If you are actually correct about your theory, thanks.

this is a similar situation to the cowboys and romo's sleeve stripes. initially the 1st version had the 2 stripes riding high on his long sleeves then they were dropped lower (but not all the way) to their more traditional position so there's a good chance the qb cut stripes could move lower like the replica once they make it on field.

Bow? That ship in full retreat? :P

Always a joy to get Packer fan humor, lol

All good man....

Hey, the Jaguars tried to do a "our helmet looks like a jaguar coming out of the shadows to strike" but got the colors backwards. If that's supposed to be a ship's bow it's pointing in the wrong direction. :P

No - they call it Tan.

Sorry, I dont think I phrased my question correctly. What I mean to say was... Why are those numbers outlined.

Not sure. But yeah there is a gold outline that I threw in there. There is no outline on the actual jersey, either

Archived