New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video is clever, but unfortunately tells us nothing about the new look.

Agreed. They start off week 2 with two great teases (plus the article header) and end with that. Funny, but frustrating. Hat's off the marketing department though, they are stringing us along and we are eating it up!

I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

Why is nobody else reading into the number font they used? Has to be something...right? Right?

I'll give that to ya for sure. You could totally be right, the typeface used for the date could definitely be what they are using on the unis.

I strongly doubt that's the number font, since they just used an unmodified, italicized version of United Regular Black by House Industries instead of a proprietary font.

You're right, that is definitely United Regular Black. Chances of them going with that as the number typeface is slim, although Fox Sports used to use it (not sure if they still do) as their typeface for broadcast graphics. Its not out of the norm for a company to purchase rights to use the type face as theirs, but the likely hood seems low. Anyhow, a standard, non-rounded, slab serif would be wonderful to see.

I strongly doubt that's the number font, since they just used an unmodified, italicized version of United Regular Black by House Industries instead of a proprietary font.

You're right, that is definitely United Regular Black. Chances of them going with that as the number typeface is slim, although Fox Sports used to use it (not sure if they still do) as their typeface for broadcast graphics. Its not out of the norm for a company to purchase rights to use the type face as theirs, but the likely hood seems low. Anyhow, a standard, non-rounded, slab serif would be wonderful to see.

good eyes. yes, it's United (italic) so i dont think thats going to be a number font. the condensed version would be really nice, but i dont see Nike going with a font like this. i think it will be a standard block or something new from them. it could liekly be part of the Vikings new identity package though. so you might see it on the site, in print, advertising, etc

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That poll splits the vote among a bunch of traditional designs. To be it's 42 Seahawks and 58 "Not Seahawks". And just wait a couple years and see how everyone feels...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well, guys the Seahawks are also the newest and easily the most publicized. They basically rolled out the Nike era, so its not really a surprise OR an indictment that its got the biggest boost.

Also, can't see the Vikings with a Italic font. But i really hope the rounded slab is kicked down a sharp flight of stairs.

That poll splits the vote among a bunch of traditional designs. To be it's 42 Seahawks and 58 "Not Seahawks". And just wait a couple years and see how everyone feels...

Props to you good sir, an excellent stat reading. That poll is not a balanced poll at all. One super modern uniform and the rest are tradional (arguments either way for Chargers), but you're right, the readings actually say that more fans like the traditional.

Archived