jakemon08

New Vikings Uniforms

I never understood the loop. It doesn't give you any more protection, and actually gives something else for a opponent to grab. I thought it was for hanging it up, but that wouldn't make sense. I just know I wanted one because... well, I just did.

Its the bullhorn. Didnt really do much, just was an added feature that players perceived as a tougher look. Just like the bars coming down on the Dickerson facemask didnt do anything either...they just looked cool. The high hook up chinstrap...all coolness factors.

Everyone would have just worn the Thurman Thomas default otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the purple pants in Bufflao Friday.

If the team practices in purple pants, they'll wear them for next game

I'm hoping they use the white on purple look a couple times a year but primarily stick to white on white.

On TV the helmet and jersey colors seemed a little off, but it doesn't seem to be an issue in the photos.

temptex-ap-half-080913-010080913--nfl_me

I love how this pic shows the stripes on the shoulder and pants working together. When down at the line, they go the same angle quite nicely. It also shows how the striping on the shoulder is actually asymmetrical like the pants. It would work even better if the white stripe covered the whole top of the shoulder, then both the shoulder and the pants would be:

Wide White

Thin Purple

Yellow

Wide Purple.

Everyone follow... or did you lose you with that one?

Someone forgot to order the Texans' red socks again this season, I see.

I miss those socks....I actually would prefer they go all white on the road.

It could be worse, they could have two tone helmets.

Being a Texan fan I couldn't agree more the current roads remind me of the David Carr era too much because it seemed like that's all they wore. Plus the all white looks great

^Thanks for stopping by...

This thought popped into my head recently: what if the Vikings had different helmet finishes for indoor and outdoor games. That'd be an amazing attention to detail. And, give a practical use to multiple helmets. I'd like to see a team attempt this.

I don't even know why i do this, or even ask, but I did, so I will... What do ya think?

Vikings_Stripe_Options_zps7529b9e6.jpg

I'm surprised I feel this way, but A definitely works the best. The curve of the stripe works really well with the curve of the horn.

I don't even know why i do this, or even ask, but I did, so I will... What do ya think?

Vikings_Stripe_Options_zps7529b9e6.jpg

All three of them look good, but I'd say that A wins as it is definitely the most interesting. To me, B and C look boring in comparison.

"A" is the winner

A is the winner, but i would have preferred they take the sleeve stripe from C, and then made the pants match. simple purple stripe and yellow stripe on white pants.

but that's the boring traditionalist in me.

"C", but I am getting used to "A" Definitely not "B", though.

Can't find a picture online but the Vikes are wearing white on white tonight at Buffalo. Classy look, maybe a little bland. Would be nice to see the purple pants in action

I didn't really like the white on white from the unveiling/players modeling them... But these look great, clean look.

Ideally they would split the white and purple pants four games each on the road. They probably won't though. I wonder whose decision it is to never wear the purple pants.. Wilf?