New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love matte helmets, but that photo looks better to me. Maybe it's the closer match (and maybe that would not carry through on TV?????). I know the match with the matte is not all that far off in person or in some photos, but it looked WAY off in the 3 minutes of preseason football I have watch on TV thus far.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the helmet finish too. Although I think I'd have liked to see the finish on a different team...

Redskins? Rams? Panthers?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like the helmet finish too. Although I think I'd have liked to see the finish on a different team...

Personally, I'd love it if the Giants went to a satin finish. It would fit much better with the blue they use than the current candied apple finish.
07Giants.pngnyy.png

Personally, I'd love it if the Giants went to a satin finish. It would fit much better with the blue they use than the current candied apple finish.

I completely disagree. The shininess and sparkles of the blue helmet make the road uniform. I think it would look out-of-place and mismatched if the blue was satin or even just a normal finish. But there's something about the way that helmet pops under the lights - it's almost as if it's so good, it doesn't matter that it's mismatched. I don't know how to describe it. What needs to change is the crappy dullness of their home uniforms, which look like they've been through the wash a thousand times, and have since the first time Nike outfitted the team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree

spacer.png

spacer.png

The stripes are sewn-on instead of screened? That's impressive. Between that and the fact that the single-color numbers aren't screened twill, that jersey's actually worth the price.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I told you guys I'd post this and I almost forgot. These are how the stripes meet at the underarm seam. This is the stitched, $135 version. Limited? I can't remember.

null_zps6d51e73e.jpg

I've seen both the limited and elite Vikings jersey side by side, and the only real difference is the body of the jersey; the solid torso versus the paneled.

The limited is a far better value than the elite in the Vikings case.

Thanks, guys. These two posts had the info I was waiting for.

Archived