New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you guys I'd post this and I almost forgot. These are how the stripes meet at the underarm seam. This is the stitched, $135 version. Limited? I can't remember.

null_zps6d51e73e.jpg

I've seen both the limited and elite Vikings jersey side by side, and the only real difference is the body of the jersey; the solid torso versus the paneled.

The limited is a far better value than the elite in the Vikings case.

Thanks, guys. These two posts had the info I was waiting for.

Agreed. I usually go for the Limited version, but was going to go Game this year to get a Greenway, but after seeing the quality of Game vs. Limited. I've gotta go Limited here.

Much appreciated!

Here's an image being used by Direct TV in an ad.

0*s3WTuynEdgPHKK2Z.png

b6789410-74f1-4532-b6b8-f455f312b89d_zps

In it you can see a photoshopped image of Jared Allen wearing a glossy helmet with a gray mask. Now I'm about 90% certain this is just your basic 'shopped mistake, where someone gets a detail wrong because they don't know any better. But I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's a small chance that this was an assumption based on an earlier version of the Vikings' current uniform. Like, is it posible this helmet was considered, and Direct TV was going off an earlier piece of information? Just a thought.

Also, does anybody else think this is a pretty nice look?

2af44071-0a2e-4d95-8355-5c5b716e6f79_zps

Seahawks running back there looks like he's wearing the previous helmet, too.

HDR filters make any uniform look about 4 shades lighter, helmets included.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

0*s3WTuynEdgPHKK2Z.png

b6789410-74f1-4532-b6b8-f455f312b89d_zps

In it you can see a photoshopped image of Jared Allen wearing a glossy helmet with a gray mask. Now I'm about 90% certain this is just your basic 'shopped mistake, where someone gets a detail wrong because they don't know any better. But I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's a small chance that this was an assumption based on an earlier version of the Vikings' current uniform. Like, is it posible this helmet was considered, and Direct TV was going off an earlier piece of information? Just a thought.

My guess is they used a picture of the Vikings throwbacks as a base image for the photoshop.

Seahawks running back there looks like he's wearing the previous helmet, too.

HDR filters make any uniform look about 4 shades lighter, helmets included.

No that is the metalic blue helmet they wore in the last set, the logo has the two shades of blue that the old logo had versus the blue and gray current

I agree with Fifty8BlackO (and you) that this is a photoshop job to get the new uniform in but with poor attention to detail. This could just as easily have had a purple mask, but happens to be a photo from a throwback game. Oddly, you cannot really tell whether the pants are the current or the throwbacks.

It's possible (even likely) that they considered a gray mask, but I doubt it would ever have gotten into an ad like this and been leaked nowhere else.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with Fifty8BlackO (and you) that this is a photoshop job to get the new uniform in but with poor attention to detail. This could just as easily have had a purple mask, but happens to be a photo from a throwback game. Oddly, you cannot really tell whether the pants are the current or the throwbacks.

It's possible (even likely) that they considered a gray mask, but I doubt it would ever have gotten into an ad like this and been leaked nowhere else.

Yeah, that makes sense. What's throwing me off is the color/sheen of the helmet. That looks much more like the standard helmet of the last decade or so, and not like the throwback color which was intentionally darker/bluer... however they could've just taken that throwback helmet, altered the color, but left the mask gray. It does make sense that the throwback uniform would be easier to 'shop into the new uniform than the side-panel jersey.

Yeah, that makes sense. What's throwing me off is the color/sheen of the helmet. That looks much more like the standard helmet of the last decade or so, and not like the throwback color which was intentionally darker/bluer... however they could've just taken that throwback helmet, altered the color, but left the mask gray. It does make sense that the throwback uniform would be easier to 'shop into the new uniform than the side-panel jersey.

Maybe...it's hard to totally tell, but I am not seeing the black on the horn...looks more like the throwback horn.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Any guesses on the pant color for the game on Sunday? I'll be there in person and am really looking forward to see how the Vikings purple looks in a dome live. My guess is it will be much more purple than what we see on TV.

Id go with a 90 percent chance that they will be in white pants. Highly doubt theyd go white on purple against a division foe in the first game of the year

spacer.png

spacer.png

I just got my Limited Home Peterson jersey in the mail today. Overall it looks pretty good, glad I went with the Limited over the game, although I wish they had more players to choose from for the limited.

I do have one complaint, and that is the cut seems to be a little more sloppy than the Nike jersey I purchased last year. As you can see by the pic I took of the old over the new, its slightly wider, but the biggest difference is in the sleeve where the new one is much longer. Before it went well above the elbow and now it goes well over the elbow (a pet peeve of mine). I almost thought about sending it back for a new one as I assume this there will be difference in cuts depending on which plant did the manufacturing.

Vikings_Limited_Comparison_zpsb078a9e8.j

Archived