New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

With the helmet color not matching the pants, I just can't approve of the Vikes' purple road pants. When I was growing up, the Vikes were always in white pants, home or road.

Of course, I also miss the UCLA stripes on the road jerseys. Thanks a pantsload, modern cuts.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks nice, but I'm wondering: Is there any chance you could do a mock-up with the stripes on the white jersey and socks matching the current white pants pattern, i.e. thick purple/gold/thin purple? Thanks!

Done.

a748fa21-1c4e-43e2-9bdc-2b1dcefab7a5_zps

Yeah, when they first brought out this uniform that was my initial thought, too... basically sandwich the gold inside purple on all the uniform elements. Here it is...

vikeroad_zps82fb2926.png

But now, I think this above look would just a little too... I don't know... slick, maybe? I guess I like a little wonkyness in my uniforms, sometimes.

The Bears and Redskins have had mismatching stripes for quite a while and no one's really up in arms about it. (Yeah, I'm just generalizing)

Like OSV said, sometimes a little wonkiness isn't a bad thing. I think it adds charm to a uniform to be able pull off an element like that while still maintaining good visual appeal.

But different shades of purple, helmet and fabric wise? That's too much for me to simply ignore.

Midway.png

Actually I hate when the Bears wear white on white because the pants and sleeve stripes don't match. Plus, I'd prefer it if the stripes on the blue pants went white-orange-white instead of orange-white-orange, but that isn't that big of a deal to me.

The Redskins and their 4 different sets of stripes are a huge problem for me.

You could say I'm up in arms about both of those. If they were released today people here would have a major problem with both of them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Those purple pants look amazing!

999993_10151834842522836_907674253_n.jpg

If only they wore an all white sock with a stripe or 2...damn leotard look!

A leotard look would be all purple with no stripes like Baltimore.

White socks for sure. Also, I think they need to follow the Chargers and have a darker yellow. The lighter yellow doesn't show up as well as it could.

I noticed that too. That yellow sure doesn't pop very much on those unis. (at least on the white jersey)

That's exactly the point of why they made the move to the brighter yellow. The goal was to let the purple stand out more as yellow has always been a more tertiary color than a secondary color. Purple and white (as discussed on this thread earlier) has been the official colors. I think this brighter yellow does a much better job as a supporting color with the purple and white rather than competing with it.

I don't know, it just looks washed out, pale, even "Easterish" to me.

Washed out, sure, pastel/easterish, meh, I really dont see that, but I cant argue you're opinion. Chalk this one up to agree to disagree. :wink2:

This looks nice, but I'm wondering: Is there any chance you could do a mock-up with the stripes on the white jersey and socks matching the current white pants pattern, i.e. thick purple/gold/thin purple? Thanks!

Done.

Yeah, when they first brought out this uniform that was my initial thought, too... basically sandwich the gold inside purple on all the uniform elements. Here it is...

vikeroad_zps82fb2926.png

But now, I think this above look would just a little too... I don't know... slick, maybe? I guess I like a little wonkyness in my uniforms, sometimes.

I love it! But I dont mind that they match exactly now either.

The quesiton for OSV, is how that would work with the purple jersey?

Thanks for doing this, oldschool -- I really think the purple-gold-purple looks the best...

Done.

vikeroad_zps82fb2926.png

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

It looks bad there too, which is why green road pants should be considered.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Okay, after seeing them in action, I still really like them. The leotards are awful, but that's an easy fix.

I do still have a problem with the road jerseys.

adrian-peterson-78-yard-touchdown-minnes

Just like in heraldry, gold should never touch white. I'd rather they do something similar to the Steelers, and modify the sleeve stripes so they can use the same set for home and road.

And yes, this is also my single biggest complaint with the Packers' road uniforms.

There is only one flaw with your statement... Vikings never used heraldry, which was an invention of Western Europe beginning in the eleventh century and the Vikings existed from about the mid-late eighth century to the mid eleventh.

So if I was an AD on this redesign project, and a designer came to me with that statement, I'd have to tell them that that does not factor into the Norse culture that we were briefed to explore and at that point would be a subjective change rather than objective. I'd also be grumbling about the line in the brief where it says the horns must stay if we are tasked to stay true the Norse culture as well. ;)

But then you get Yellow/white/green for helemt/jersey/pants. I don't think that's a good look on the Eskimoes, either. I'm not a huge fan of yellow/white/yellow either, so I'm not sure what's next. White pants is probably too light altogether, but might be worth trying.

It's where I sit.

But then you get Yellow/white/green for helemt/jersey/pants. I don't think that's a good look on the Eskimoes, either. I'm not a huge fan of yellow/white/yellow either, so I'm not sure what's next. White pants is probably too light altogether, but might be worth trying.

Can't do white pants with light color helmet IMO. The panthers pretty much prove this. I really think that light-white-dark really works. Boston Collefe used to have gold domes with white shirts and maroon pants and it looked good. I also feel the opposite is true, as with the steelers roads. I haven't seen the Eskimos but I would imagine with the right patterns it would work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just like in heraldry, gold should never touch white.

There is only one flaw with your statement... Vikings never used heraldry, which was an invention of Western Europe beginning in the eleventh century and the Vikings existed from about the mid-late eighth century to the mid eleventh.

hqdefault.jpg

Just like in heraldry, gold should never touch white.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_kvngc0owF91qzi2jro1_500.jpg

Sorry. Back to football.

Archived