jakemon08

New Vikings Uniforms

I'm not sure if this belongs here, so I'm posting it in multiple spots. What's the deal with this jersey?

IMAG0763_zps99ef4fec.jpg

I found it at the Marshall's in the Nicollet Mall. They only had then in children's sizes, but it clearly is the new uniform, but produced not as a Nike jersey, but as a Reebok EQT.

There isn't any Reebok branding, but the equipment logo is at the collar, and on the hem. They had Ponder and Jennings for $35.

Any ideas?

TJ Maxx in rocheter had Peterson for kids too. Stitched numbers, screen print everything else.

Looks like they decided to use the Reebok blanks they had on hand and Frankenstein a jersey together to make some money back. Not surprised.

However, I am surprised the NFL/Nike decided to keep using the equipment logo/badge albeit its now only on practice jerseys and items you wear under the uniform.

I'm wondering if they're the "pro-line" jerseys that NFLshop sells, honesty. The whole thing had me mystified.

That's what it looks like to me. With the wrong patch at the throat.

I forgot to comment on the Vikings' unis after the game on Sunday. It was a cloudy, rainy day at Soldier Field. In that light, the helmets looked horribly mismatched to the pants and the accents on the jerseys. The helmet was more of a plum color, while the other purple was much more bluish. We already saw that the helmet was mismatched under dome light (where they play their freaking home games), and now we see it's mismatched under overcast skies. Even if the helmet somehow looks appropriate under bright skies, this is a huge failure.

After decades of mismatching helmets, the Vikings finally got their :censored: together in 2006 when they went to the previous look. That they would go back to a mismatched helmet just so it could be a "kewl" matte finish is just unfathomable.

Quick question: Why do people complain about the Vikings' helmet not quite matching their pants, while the 49ers non-matching helmet/pants look is accepted? Is it because the Vikings use matte?

The 49ers difference is more-or-less just the finish of the pants, although I would be more than happy if they went to shiny, metallic pants with their current look. The Vikings' helmet is (unintentionally) carrying on their tradition of using a completely different purple than the rest of the set.

Quick question: Why do people complain about the Vikings' helmet not quite matching their pants, while the 49ers non-matching helmet/pants look is accepted? Is it because the Vikings use matte?

Who says the 49ers pants are accepted? That's the second biggest complaint I see about those uniforms. (the first being the weird stripes on the "Sleeves")

Yeah, that's much better. Gold should never touch white.

What about when the Packers tuck their white jerseys into their gold pants? :P

Part of me actually wishes the Packers would crank out some white alternate pants, or maybe even green but I know it will never happen. I guess I'd rather see them have an alternate look using their current set since IMO, they don't have any good looking throwbacks.

The 49ers difference is more-or-less just the finish of the pants, although I would be more than happy if they went to shiny, metallic pants with their current look. The Vikings' helmet is (unintentionally) carrying on their tradition of using a completely different purple than the rest of the set.

Aren't you saying the same thing just two different ways?

• Vikings adopt fashionable metallicish purple finish helmets while having matte purple uniforms which don't quite match.
  • 9ers, Pats, etc keep fashionable metallic helmets and switch to matte tan, gray etc. pants which don't quite match.

Either way you get the same sub-par result. The desire to have a good looking helmet finsih in spite of selecting matte unform fabrics that cannot match the helmet.

• Vikings adopt fashionable metallicish purple finish helmets while having matte purple uniforms which don't quite match.
  • 9ers, Pats, etc keep fashionable metallic helmets and switch to matte tan, gray etc. pants which don't quite match.

Either way you get the same sub-par result. The desire to have a good looking helmet finsih in spite of selecting matte unform fabrics that cannot match the helmet.

No. With the 49ers, the colors look approximately the same, just one is shiny and one is matte. With the Vikings, the colors are noticably different.

No. With the 49ers, the colors look approximately the same, just one is shiny and one is matte. With the Vikings, the colors are noticably different.

I think the 9ers are noticably obvious. The pants look like a pair of khakis and their helmet is clearly a bright metallic gold. It wasn't as pronounced in the 70's-90's when the gold helmet was more muted.

Oh the humanity! Those matte Viking helmets look atrocious with those matte pants, how could they let this ruin everything that is good and...

tempchi-091613-anyd-1-054091613--nfl_mez

...oh wait, never mind, they don't.

Yeah, they do look bad and really mismatched. I will take 3 and a half hours of watching the team on my color-calibrated HDTV over a single still image. And if you're going to argue that it's not the Vikings' fault that TV cameras mess up their colors, they should have accounted for that in the design process.

Yeah, they do look bad and really mismatched. I will take 3 and a half hours of watching the team on my color-calibrated HDTV over a single still image. And if you're going to argue that it's not the Vikings' fault that TV cameras mess up their colors, they should have accounted for that in the design process.

That's the kind of thinking that got the Cowboys into the mess they are currently in.