New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

I didn't think the Vikes still had those. I hope it's the same ones, I want to see them in the Nike cut. I also hope it is not the mid 90'/mid 00's jersey. I think those are overrated, this coming from a Vikes fan.

I'd bet that they are the Nike cut, but the same look as the throw backs above.

I agree, as a Vikings fan, those 90's/00's were always me least favorite.

I figured as much that it would be that jersey, I was just excited to see it on the Nike jerseys, as I think they are so much better looking, IMHO. I thnk the Bears and Chiefs looks so much better now, for example. (regular jersey)

The story has been updated, and it suggests that we were correct in believing that the Vikings don't have throwbacks in their wardrobe for this year.

Damn.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think the Vikes still had those. I hope it's the same ones, I want to see them in the Nike cut. I also hope it is not the mid 90'/mid 00's jersey. I think those are overrated, this coming from a Vikes fan.

I figured as much that it would be that jersey, I was just excited to see it on the Nike jerseys, as I think they are so much better looking, IMHO. I thnk the Bears and Chiefs looks so much better now, for example. (regular jersey)

The story has been updated, and it suggests that we were correct in believing that the Vikings don't have throwbacks in their wardrobe for this year.

Damn.

womp womp.

Growing up with the 90's ones, id love to see them one more time.

Not gonna lie

spacer.png

spacer.png

No Vikings throwbacks this season.

I think with the new uniform they just need to put throwbacks away for a while. And if they really need an alternate...

Untitled_zps18cb3149.png

I thought one of the points of the new uniform was to brand the Vikings as a purple and white team first, with gold as an accent. Can't believe they would adopt a gold jersey, especially since gold is so identified with that team next door.

Unfortunately, the black facemask and black horn outlines pave the way for a black alt, with (speculating) solid white numbers and gold and white sleeve stripes separated by purple. Maybe a purple Nikelace. It'll look dumb with the purple helmet and white or purple pants (think of the Eagles black alt which they've worn with both white and green pants), but that's just my prediction for a year or two down the line.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unfortunately, the black facemask and black horn outlines pave the way for a black alt, with (speculating) solid white numbers and gold and white sleeve stripes separated by purple. Maybe a purple Nikelace. It'll look dumb with the purple helmet and white or purple pants (think of the Eagles black alt which they've worn with both white and green pants), but that's just my prediction for a year or two down the line.

Aye. That's what every team that has shoehorned black into their color schemes (Detroit, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Arizona) have done.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the next teams to force black into their scheme will be: Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, or Indianapolis.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Aye. That's what every team that has shoehorned black into their color schemes (Detroit, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Arizona) have done.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the next teams to force black into their scheme will be: Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, or Indianapolis.

The Jags shoehorned black into their color scheme? lol They've always had black in their color scheme the entire time they've been playing football.

And, since their '97 overhaul, so have the Buccaneers.

And if its a black alt jersey you're worried about, they don't even wear their red jerseys at home the first two months of the season...ain't no way they finna break out a black one. (Plus, Ol' Man Glazer ain't having that.)

Besides, now due to the Helmet Rule, there's only one alt the Buccaneers should concern themselves with now...

TBbucspewter.jpg

Y'all should've already known. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

sadly I think you are right, that is why I oppose the black facemask so much this what will happen, in a few years "well we actually have more black on the helmet than gold, so black already kind of a team color so why not have a kewl black jersey?" who cares about history and tradition"? when we can sell black jerseys to the people

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Which would look something like this?

ajunk1_zpsaf0813a4.png

And, no... I don't like it either. (But I bet someone jumps in to proclaim it "sick"... which, I think, means good, at least to some people.)

Yeah I had that in mind, maybe make the Vikings wordmark and nike logos on the jerseys gray too for good measure.

I wouldn't be apposed to purple on gray and white on purple (with proper white socks) being the defaults.

just because the dolphins have orange nike logos does not mean they are going to be getting orange pants any time soon

Archived