New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Darkening the purple and replacing yellow for gold? I'm all aboard. It could be a huge upgrade.

The gold was the more important of the two to fix but I agree I'd be on board with both changes.

NEITHER CHANGE IS HAPPENING! The purple is not becoming darker and the yellow is becoming yellower, not being swapped out for gold.

Source???? :therock:

Well, the change of yellows was well documented on here, and other places. You saw it (if you looked really carefully!) in the logo release. Colorwerx posted that the Vikings' gold was moving from being the same as the one worn by the packers/steelers/redskins/chiefs to the one worn by the Lakers, among others. So, no... the "yellow" is not becoming "gold" (thank God!), no matter what people think they're seeing in the photo of the wordmark. As for the purple becoming darker... well, I don't think that's happening either. As I said, there was lots of discussion about the new yellow... here, Viking sites.. all over the place. In all that, there was NEVER a mention of a new purple, which you'd think would be a much bigger story than that slight yellow change. So, no... no new purple, I believe.

However, once good ol' Colorwerx wakes up, we will probably know for sure.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on a string of conf. calls right now...

(I hate corporate America. Really.)

I hear if you say his name three times, he shows up with Pantones of long forgotten franchises.

NewJerseyRockinRollers_FRC_1997_SCC_SRGB.png

If the Vikes actually avoid a leak, this place is going to be bonkers on release day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think that's an exaggeration. I can't think of examples off the top of my head, but there's been plenty of times that we've been "surprised" by what we've seen. I'm pretty sure the Bills didn't leak anything (in fact we were surprised by the outline on the numbers), I don't think the GS Warriors had a leak, and I'm sure there's been plenty of others. It's just the leaks are the ones we remember.

I actually vaguely remember an entire unveiling that caught us by surprise, but I can't recall the team / sport.

OFF TOPIC

It's becoming nearly impossible to post in the quick reply box from Chrome. I've reported this in the other thread, as have others, but it seems to be getting worse for me. The cursor just jumps to seemingly random places, so half your word becomes embedded in previously-typed words, and your returns just make it so half of another line is on the lower line.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Warriors had the logo leak on a watch from NBA Shop, I believe. The Braves avoided leaks when they premiered their bland-as-hell road hats and terrible navy alts on Opening Night in 2008. I think Colorwerx said those items weren't even on the style guide.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm on a string of conf. calls right now...

(I hate corporate America. Really.)

I hear if you say his name three times, he shows up with Pantones of long forgotten franchises.

NewJerseyRockinRollers_FRC_1997_SCC_SRGB.png

My week has been rather craptastic, so thank you for this.

qvAvG.jpg

Yeah, I think it's just the usual dramatic lighting effects from Nike making the purple and gold both look darker.

Agreed. Have they EVER released one of those silly superhero shots of a new Oregon uniform in which the colors were even remotely right? The "weird lighting - obscure image" is a Nike staple.

Well, the change of yellows was well documented on here, and other places. You saw it (if you looked really carefully!) in the logo release. Colorwerx posted that the Vikings' gold was moving from being the same as the one worn by the packers/steelers/redskins/chiefs to the one worn by the Lakers, among others. So, no... the "yellow" is not becoming "gold" (thank God!), no matter what people think they're seeing in the photo of the wordmark. As for the purple becoming darker... well, I don't think that's happening either. As I said, there was lots of discussion about the new yellow... here, Viking sites.. all over the place. In all that, there was NEVER a mention of a new purple, which you'd think would be a much bigger story than that slight yellow change. So, no... no new purple, I believe.

Yea but the Lakers technically use "gold" already, if we are matching them then it's just a different shade. The Golden Gophers use "gold" too but it's so far towards the yellow side of the spectrum.

Yea but the Lakers technically use "gold" already, if we are matching them then it's just a different shade. The Golden Gophers use "gold" too but it's so far towards the yellow side of the spectrum.

No new Purple, but then again, it's changed a number of times over the past few years, and very few seemed to notice.

And this Yellow/Gold/Athletic Gold nonsense needs to stop. It's just a name. Some teams call PANTONE 123 C Yellow, some call it Gold. You could call it "Light Yellow-Orange" if you really wanted to. Doesn't matter.

Darkening the purple and replacing yellow for gold? I'm all aboard. It could be a huge upgrade.

The gold was the more important of the two to fix but I agree I'd be on board with both changes.

NEITHER CHANGE IS HAPPENING! The purple is not becoming darker and the yellow is becoming yellower, not being swapped out for gold.

Source???? :therock:

I have been known to come up short in the attention department time and again, so its possible I missed it. I guess I could deal with a different shade of yellow but I would prefer a yellower metallic gold color as opposed to a yellow hue that is simply being called "gold" (like in the case of the Steelers and Lakers). While I'm not looking for them to become the Ravens by any means I like the idea of such a change. I'd be very interested in the final color palettes that will be used because it just seems to me by these new leaks that they are making more than just subtle changes this time around.

No new Purple, but then again, it's changed a number of times over the past few years, and very few seemed to notice.

And this Yellow/Gold/Athletic Gold nonsense needs to stop. It's just a name. Some teams call PANTONE 123 C Yellow, some call it Gold. You could call it "Light Yellow-Orange" if you really wanted to. Doesn't matter.

Is it possible that they are not necessarily changing the actual pantone purple color but possibly utilizing a different material in the uniforms, which would make the color appear different? Kind of like what happens with the Jets and their green color.

I won't give up my war on the name athletic gold until I'm six feet under. :D My point was that the goooold the Vikings use is changing to a yellower shade, not to Vegas gold.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

https://twitter.com/...0757761/photo/1

I am liking what I see so far!

I'm not really liking what I've seen so far, but if nothing else, this picture shows definitively that they are using dark filters. Look at the red on the NFL logo - it's halfway to maroon.

The NFL logo was pulled from somewhere else...this is a composite of the leaked close-ups, so whoever cut them together added the NFL logo.

Archived