New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surprised nobody posted this, as expected, the earlier shots were filtered darker. Here looks like the old purple

(mildly disappointed, but not by much)

4ea75c789e2b11e2ada222000a9f3cf6_7.jpg

That's worlds better.

I agree. Of all the things that needed a drastic overhaul in the Vikings look, the colors were not one of them. You want a slight deviation in the gold? Fine. But the purple is the team signature.

Soooooo many Viking fans go on and on about this near-mythical "dark purple" the team used to wear. Stop it. I'm convinced 90% of that is a combination of faulty memory, bad photography, and lousy TV reception. Yeah, I get that the team has tinkered with their shade of purple numerous times. Fine. But I'm telling you, I go to the Hall of Fame in Canton every August and stare at a 30 year old Jim Marshall jersey, and that sucker is straight up purple

.jim-marshall-jersey-e1333503044419-225x300.jpg

I'm on a string of conf. calls right now...

(I hate corporate America. Really.)

I hear if you say his name three times, he shows up with Pantones of long forgotten franchises.

NewJerseyRockinRollers_FRC_1997_SCC_SRGB.png

Nominated. Now someone give this man his much-deserved POTD Belt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm on a string of conf. calls right now...

(I hate corporate America. Really.)

I hear if you say his name three times, he shows up with Pantones of long forgotten franchises.

NewJerseyRockinRollers_FRC_1997_SCC_SRGB.png

Nominated. Now someone give this man his much-deserved POTD Belt.

+1. Give 'em both one as far as I'm concerned. A clinical alley-oop.

Soooooo many Viking fans go on and on about this near-mythical "dark purple" the team used to wear. Stop it. I'm convinced 90% of that is a combination of faulty memory, bad photography, and lousy TV reception. Yeah, I get that the team has tinkered with their shade of purple numerous times. Fine. But I'm telling you, I go to the Hall of Fame in Canton every August and stare at a 30 year old Jim Marshall jersey, and that sucker is straight up purple

I wonder if it's one of those helmet-was-a-little-darker things like the Giants used to have?

alan_page_330_original_display_image.jpg

I wonder if it's one of those helmet-was-a-little-darker things like the Giants used to have?

Tark_original.jpg

Yeah, you may be right about that. The molded plastic helmet was dark... something they even replicated on the recent throwback uniform. Like you say, just like the Giants (and the Rams) older helmets. But you never hear anyone say they wish the Giants would go back to wearing navy blue. I think its pretty much understood that, although those teams both wore dark blue helmets, it was the royal blue represented on the rest of their uniform that was the true color.

So wait.....the team "progressed" the logo, is unveiling "new" uniforms, but decided their dated wordmark didn't need an upgrade?

That's about as sad as having purple & yellow as your primary team colors.

So wait.....the team "progressed" the logo, is unveiling "new" uniforms, but decided their dated wordmark didn't need an upgrade?

Their wordmark needed no updating. It's a classic. You gonna ask the Giants or Packrs to do the same?

Their wordmark needed no updating. It's a classic. You gonna ask the Giants or Packrs to do the same?

Yeah, maybe they should add the color "volt", Volt. :rolleyes: That would be kewl!

You want Vikings' purple? We got Vikings' purple.

IMG_0860.jpg

Awful quality screenshots of the early '60s "accidental monos" game where the Lions didn't get the word that the Vikes planned to wear their white jerseys at home. The goal was for the fans to see Minny's road unis (tells you something about the lack of coverage back then) but both teams ended up in white.

IMG_0850.jpg

So the Vikes sent their equipment guy to get the purple jerseys. They changed on the sideline (has to be the only time in NFL history) and went with the grape Tootsie Pop look for the rest of the game.

In the freakish illusion department, look at #29 in the top shot - looks like his left arm was amputated just below the elbow. :wacko:

IMG_0855.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived