New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also inject this into the "pastel ain't manly" conversation...

...The man who pretty much revolutionized the linebacker position in the NFL was also one of if not THE most feared man in the game during his time. The color he wore in college?

RackMultipart181690_display_image_zps4dc9ce16.jpg

That nice, bright, pastel Carolina blue.

/perspective

Good point, Buc. And I'll bet some of the "purple ain't manly" crowd are the same guys who slobber over the Chargers' powder blue. I love those Charger unis as much as anyone but that shade of blue doesn't exactly scream machismo.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Similar to the mavericks, nets, clippers, celtics, and suns... all of whom consider WHITE to be their primary color. Amirite?

they dont wear a colored jersey at home, so no i wouldnt say its the same

Of course you wouldn't. Because it blows up your point.

It would interesting to ask people, just off the top of their heads, what is the Lakers' primary color. I'd bet purple edges out yellow.

its becuse they're a special example, but fine, the Lakers primary color is purple, colors have no special connotations or communication, and all sports design isnt design at all but decoration. i give up. lets go back to the Vikings now

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

...The man who pretty much revolutionized the linebacker position in the NFL was also one of if not THE most feared man in the game during his time. The color he wore in college?

/perspective

Good point, Buc. And I'll bet some of the "purple ain't manly" crowd are the same guys who slobber over the Chargers' powder blue. I love those Charger unis as much as anyone but that shade of blue doesn't exactly scream machismo.

Purple just isn't a great color for guys. It's not because its not manly, it just doesn't look very good. How often do you go out to buy a purple shirt unless you're a Vikings or Ravens fan? I own zero purple shirts... It's not just purple, its the same thing with orange. I've never bought an orange shirt by choice.

90758391980.gif

/perspective

Purple just isn't a great color for guys. It's not because its not manly, it just doesn't look very good. How often do you go out to buy a purple shirt unless you're a Vikings or Ravens fan? I own zero purple shirts... It's not just purple, its the same thing with orange. I've never bought an orange shirt by choice.

That's not a fact, just an opinion. I know plenty of guys that wear purple non-sports related shirts, same for orange. Personally, I have some purple, non-vikings shirts and not many orange because I dont think orange looks good on my pale-ass skin, but hey, thats just in my case. To say purple isnt a great color for guys is a pretty sexist and general thing to say.

You'd have a better argument if you came up with solid reasons as to why purple does not work for guys other than "it just doesn't look very good." because that is a statement that would never hold water in the creative field, my boss would laugh if I told him "it just isn't a great color for guys". The question you need to answer is why is it bad for guys? Does it make them look shorter? Does it make them look fat? Do guys in purple remind you of a scary dream? What is it? I'm not trying to be an ass, I am just trying to understand your reasoning.

/perspective

That's not a fact, just an opinion. I know plenty of guys that wear purple non-sports related shirts, same for orange. Personally, I have some purple, non-vikings shirts and not many orange because I dont think orange looks good on my pale-ass skin, but hey, thats just in my case. To say purple isnt a great color for guys is a pretty sexist and general thing to say.

You're right, its not a fact. But yeah that's my opinion.

90758391980.gif

Hey, know what would look better than that gray tracksuit? A purple one, a white one, or even a gold one, although gold in that format would look more like khaki. It's not baseball. Gray shouldn't be thrown into color schemes at random because it's "kewl" nowadays.

I would tend to agree but there is something about the sophistication of the grey tracksuit that works for me. I saw the UW basketball team at the airport waiting to board and they were all wearing them and looked very sharp, put together. Out of the normal context, I know, but still.

Similar to the mavericks, nets, clippers, celtics, and suns... all of whom consider WHITE to be their primary color. Amirite?

they dont wear a colored jersey at home, so no i wouldnt say its the same

Of course you wouldn't. Because it blows up your point.

It would interesting to ask people, just off the top of their heads, what is the Lakers' primary color. I'd bet purple edges out yellow.

I'm not a Lakers fan (or really even a fan of the NBA anymore), but I've always considered gold to be their primary color... it fits their glitzy, Hollywood image.

/perspective

How ironic. I'm wearing a purple shirt today and it happens to be one of my favorite shirts. But hey, it's just not a very good color right? I guess I'm weird

Midway.png

The Lakers are a different beast with me. One of the few teams where I see both colors as equal. Probably because they wear both

So true. They are indeed a special case and I can't think of any other team who pulls it off it like they do.

Midway.png

The Lakers are a different beast with me. One of the few teams where I see both colors as equal. Probably because they wear both

So true. They are indeed a special case and I can't think of any other team who pulls it off it like they do.

Not sure if you mean purple and gold or two primary colors.

But Miami i think you could argue, is both a green and an orange team.

Just to get this back on topic, another not real concept that could have some elements that end up close (the sleeves being NWestern is pretty safe bet on the purple IMO.)..not that font though, wow.

1fd791f6a04c11e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7.jpg

Not bad, I would prefer it with solid yellow outside stripes on the jersey, and I don't really get what's going on with the pants stripe, but aside from that I like it.

Lakers are purple first, yellow second in my mind.

Guessing you don't root for them

Not sure why that matters.

Because if you do, you tend to see your teams main home jersey color as their main color.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just to get this back on topic, another not real concept that could have some elements that end up close (the sleeves being NWestern is pretty safe bet on the purple IMO.)..not that font though, wow.

1fd791f6a04c11e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7.jpg

they will push it more than that. nothing is different about the helmet, except he probably used a past purple there (and old logo treatment). but yea besides the spurs on the numbers it looks good

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived