New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Although I do hope they go with NWestern stripes I hope they're at least subtely stylized. BrandonMoore had something really good going with his "M" concept that was neither plain nor overbearing

Midway.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I do hope they go with NWestern stripes I hope they're at least subtely stylized. BrandonMoore had something really good going with his "M" concept that was neither plain nor overbearing

Maybe they could do northwestern stripes, but the thin outside stripes could be solid yellow but with like a rope motif?

Just to get this back on topic, another not real concept that could have some elements that end up close (the sleeves being NWestern is pretty safe bet on the purple IMO.)..not that font though, wow.

1fd791f6a04c11e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7.jpg

they will push it more than that. nothing is different about the helmet, except he probably used a past purple there (and old logo treatment). but yea besides the spurs on the numbers it looks good

There's a sublimated stripe down the center of the helmet that appears to be chain mail. I don't know that Nike'll push it to an extreme considering the backlash of the "extreme" Reebok design. I don't think expecting something much different from their throwbacks (except for a unified purple and some pointless sublimation) is unreasonable.

Just to get this back on topic, another not real concept that could have some elements that end up close (the sleeves being NWestern is pretty safe bet on the purple IMO.)..not that font though, wow.

they will push it more than that. nothing is different about the helmet, except he probably used a past purple there (and old logo treatment). but yea besides the spurs on the numbers it looks good

There's a sublimated stripe down the center of the helmet that appears to be chain mail. I don't know that Nike'll push it to an extreme considering the backlash of the "extreme" Reebok design. I don't think expecting something much different from their throwbacks (except for a unified purple and some pointless sublimation) is unreasonable.

Even though this wasnt my mock up, I made a few quick and minor edits to it to represent what I think we might actually see. Sorry if this was your creation and I just screwed it up...

1. Continued pants stripe

2. Standard slab serif typeface for numbers

3. Matte helmet (no pattern)

4. Black shoes

1fd791f6a04c11e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7_TWEAK_zps1a20aba7.jpg

ah, i didnt see that chainmail pattern. i've been saying since they updated the logo i expect them to do a Bills like modern-retro uni. i think the old uniforms are probably a good starting spot, but i think its going to be pushed farther than this just a bit. because Nike

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Even though this wasnt my mock up, I made a few quick and minor edits to it to represent what I think we might actually see. Sorry if this was your creation and I just screwed it up...

1. Continued pants stripe

2. Standard slab serif typeface for numbers

3. Matte helmet (no pattern)

4. Black shoes

1fd791f6a04c11e2a03a22000a1fbd56_7_TWEAK_zps1a20aba7.jpg

I have zero photo editing skills, so definitely not mine. But I do agree that we probably see something very similar to that. I hope we don't get a matte+sublimated stripe trend continuation with Minnesota, but it wouldn't shock me if we did. Personally, the only thing I'd like to see is more yellow. I know it's not particularly strongly associated with Minnesota, but yellow-white-yellow NU striping would (IMO) be a nicer looking alternative to the traditional white-white-white with the yellow keyline.

I hope the "let's write things on the inside of the collar" fad stops. It's so ridiculous.

I get that it's part of Vikings history, but such things are historic for many franchises ("Bear Down", "Go Pack Go", etc.). That doesn't mean they belong on the uniform, though.

I hope the "let's write things on the inside of the collar" fad stops. It's so ridiculous.

I get that it's part of Vikings history, but such things are historic for many franchises ("Bear Down", "Go Pack Go", etc.). That doesn't mean they belong on the uniform, though.

But it's the last thing they see when they put on the jersey bro.

But it's the last thing they see when they put on the jersey bro.

Really? I'm supposed to be reading those little tags on the back of my shirt when I put it on? Huh... all this time I think i've had my eyes closed.

So long as it's on the inside, I don't have any problem with it.

I'd much rather slogans on the inside collar than wordmarks anywhere visible.

If we have to have a slogan somewhere, that's the least egregious of places to put it.

To me, the bigger question is "why have any wordmark other than team name/city name/player name on the uniform?" The uniform itself stands for all that you play for - adding a few word phrase doesn't bring any additional significance to your team/program/whatever.

Archived