New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Can we please avoid all the unnecessary tangents and limit the discussion here to the 2013 Vikings uniforms? Please?

As to those uniforms, unfortunately it appears as though the marshallow number font will be staying:

@Vikings 5 Apr

Hey @GregJennings, your locker is ready for you! #Vikings

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/320282703884865536/photo/1 (sorry about the link but the site won't let me post pictures from twitter).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruh, calm down ain't nothing happening right now. If there were more clues or a leak and people were going off on tangents, then ya I'd undeerstand, but ain't :censored: happening.

Here's your pic btw:

NfpSpes.jpg

I don't think you should read too much into it. The Vikings have this under lock and seal, no way they'd carelessly leak the new font in a photo like this.

I DO, however, think the font will be very similar to what we saw at the end of that video from the clues site.

Well then, in the spirit of tangential comment-making (although mine is at least Vikings-related), it appears as though Antoine Winfield left some things beind in his old locker. And this picture really demonstrates how the "new" logo is leaps and bounds better than the old one.

Thanks for posting the picture, bruh.

I DO, however, think the font will be very similar to what we saw at the end of that video from the clues site.

I really hope not, at least not the italicized version. I thought someone debunked that several pages back, saying it was a generic font that was not designed by Nike. But if you look at the Vikings.com roster, it uses a similar (but taller) italicized number font as was used in the video. (see, e.g., http://www.vikings.c...05-8ffb8cd92ddd). And its solid yellow, as some on here have predicted for the uniform numbers. Interesting....

Hopefully the new uniform clues tomorrow give us a hint as to the real number font.

I think that's going to be it. There's pretty prevalent rumors on reddit that the numbers will be yellow, and the pants will be gray. That would make the purple, as Chad Greenway said, "Pop"

I know it would piss alot of people off on here, but I'm really expecting the uniforms to look about like this (with wider shoulder stripes and a subliminated chain mail pattern on the helmet)

874XbMf.jpg

I just checked it out, and unless there was something I missed, you didn't explain the reasoning at all. You just said the stripes were cut at a 30 degree angle and so were the numbers. I just assumed you did that because Nike did that in several college designs for no reason. I check out the concepts forum, but I don't normally comment in there because I don't like telling people when their work is crap. I don't think your work is crap, for the record, but I do hope the Vikings go in a different direction. I wouldn't have commented on it had I known it was a concept here.

I didn't think I had to explain that I made both sets of stripes and the numbers consistent...that's a pretty basic and obvious design principle. Also (while not mentioned) cutting off the stripes leaves room for the viking head logo above the stripes. And again, this was mostly what I could see Nike doing, so it wasn't just completely random and not thought out. If you wanna continue this further PM me or comment in the concept thread.

F*** all gradients. I'm pretty sure all gradient numbers are out in the NCAA per a recent rule change so hopefully Nike will take the cue that it's bad idea.

It's not a gradient; it's scratch/scuff marks, similar to the new Rutgers helmets, that fade out. So I don't think that would be an issue at all. And it goes along with the Seahawks having a pattern in their numbers. (And like the Seahawks, I left the pattern out of the TV numbers, so it WAS all thought out OldRoman.)

I think that's going to be it. There's pretty prevalent rumors on reddit that the numbers will be yellow, and the pants will be gray. That would make the purple, as Chad Greenway said, "Pop"

I know it would piss alot of people off on here, but I'm really expecting the uniforms to look about like this (with wider shoulder stripes and a subliminated chain mail pattern on the helmet)

874XbMf.jpg

Yeah, no.

You already tried to push this one in the concept section. I'll be shocked if this is any more than just superficially correct.

(By the way, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the supposed new font from the video has been used on the Viking website for a few years now, and is, in fact, a fairly common font. Not nike designed, not proprietary... in other words, not happening.)

874XbMf.jpg

Yeah, no.

You already tried to push this one in the concept section. I'll be shocked if this is any more than just superficially correct.

(By the way, as mentioned earlier in this thread, the supposed new font from the video has been used on the Viking website for a few years now, and is, in fact, a fairly common font. Not nike designed, not proprietary... in other words, not happening.)

Like I said, it's going to piss people off. If the guy on reddit is correct (and he's been right about EVERYTHING so far) that's more or less the new uniform right there

Like I said, it's going to piss people off. If the guy on reddit is correct (and he's been right about EVERYTHING so far) that's more or less the new uniform right there

I don't know the poster on Reddit, but is this the guy who was saying the Dolphins had black outlines, which has since been debunked?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well, if a random guy on reddit said it, there you go.

How, exactly, can this guy (whoever this is) be right about EVERYTHING so far, considering absolutely nothing has been released, and nothing beyond a gold wordmark has even been seen?

Well, if a random guy on reddit said it, there you go.

How, exactly, can this guy (whoever this is) be right about EVERYTHING so far, considering absolutely nothing has been released, and nothing beyond a gold wordmark has even been seen?

Not talking about just the Vikes. He was right about Miami's logo, Jacksonville's logo, The Jacksonville uniform he described matched the one that leaked, things like that. I'm just saying, bash the picture all you want, but it's not my brainchild. If I had mt way with the Vikes uniforms, it'd be a hark back to the Vikings of the 70's with an ever so slight flavor of modernism, something like what Buffalo did a few years ago.

874XbMf.jpg

Yeah, no.

BradyIsMyHomeBoy? Is that you?

874XbMf.jpg

Yeah, no.

BradyIsMyHomeBoy? Is that you?

Seriously man? Low Blow.

I was merely saying he used a poor analogy. A dovetail joint would be more akin to putting two-row stitching on the shoulders instead of single. Collar phrases are more akin to carving your initials into the inside of that drawer.

Yet, the fact is, dovetail joints look better than nails, and pulling a drawer out and seeing dovetail joints is an aesthetic experience as much as it is anything else. It's also one that makes it apparent that the person crafting the piece went above and beyond to make sure the piece was unique, the piece was done right and the piece was as considered as it could possibly be, even if the joints can't be seen from the outside. You're not going to spend an hour testing the strength of your drawers, but you might pull one out every now and then and say, "Damn, these joints really put the finishing touch on this dresser," just like a team mantra inside the collar or behind the crest.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived