New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

yszLZGA.jpg

If you look very carefully at the lower right of this image you can see the purple ends with a white egde parallel to the other stripes... in other words, there isn't another gold and black stripe on the other side... its asymmetrical. Thin black/less thin gold/thick purple.

There's no black in that image.

Really? I'm seeing black, but could be my screen. Hope you're right.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yszLZGA.jpg

If you look very carefully at the lower right of this image you can see the purple ends with a white egde parallel to the other stripes... in other words, there isn't another gold and black stripe on the other side... its asymmetrical. Thin black/less thin gold/thick purple.

I see purple just with the lighting slightly different than on the wide piece. I do see what you mean though in the lower right corner where there's a tiny sliver of white indicating that perhaps this is the stripe pattern in its entirety.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

yszLZGA.jpg

OldSchool - I don't see any black either, but then again I could not tell the difference between white and gray on Cal's uniforms yesterday either.

This "slow burn" reveal is so uniquely cool. I can't wait.

I agree and this is precisely what Miami and Jacksonville should have done...but then again, most Dolphins fans hate that new logo and it might have been more negative for them to release information slowly than all at once.

spacer.png

I've been following Trash432's "hints" on Reddit for a while now and I don't think he has any credibility. He's never said anything that isn't common knowledge among those of us who follow uniforms closely. He's made a few bold claims (like the Cowboys getting chrome helmets next year), but none have been proven and they are claims that others have made, too.

Also, confirmation of no grey pants pretty much outs the reddit guy as a fraud. I still think we see grey facemasks though.

Probably. I hope the trend of gray-free teams using gray facemasks goes away.

As for the pants stripes, I am not fond of the asymmetry it looks like we're seeing. I am also a bit surprised by it, given what I perceive as a fan base that wants the 1980s back. I can live with this pants stripe if the jersey and helmet look nice, though. And it's very nice to see just purple, white, and yellow thus far.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

why would this rule out a grey pants option? its not like there couldnt be 2 sets right?

Finally, some common sense.

We can speculate all we want until the 25th. BUT NOTHING IS DEFINATE UNTIL THEN.

fyi: i dont really like the grey pants idea.

As for the pants stripes, I am not fond of the asymmetry it looks like we're seeing. I am also a bit surprised by it, given what I perceive as a fan base that wants the 1980s back. I can live with this pants stripe if the jersey and helmet look nice, though. And it's very nice to see just purple, white, and yellow thus far.

But if you think about it, it makes sense. The traditional stripe is purple/gold/purple... so is this one, just different proportions. Works for the whole "traditional with modern twist" idea, I guess.

From that snapshot the pants stripe will look like this

vikestripe_zpse3dfa86b.png

interesting. Modern without being over the top.

I have a feeling we're (a majority of us) going to like these uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

why would this rule out a grey pants option? its not like there couldnt be 2 sets right?

Finally, some common sense.

We can speculate all we want until the 25th. BUT NOTHING IS DEFINATE UNTIL THEN.

fyi: i dont really like the grey pants idea.

Yeah, but that's pretty much what we do here. What, you want everybody to just not talk about it til then?

But if you think about it, it makes sense. The traditional stripe is purple/gold/purple... so is this one, just different proportions. Works for the whole "traditional with modern twist" idea, I guess.

Perhaps they wanted to go with a northwestern stripe but came up with this, I guess modern version of it, so that it didn't have to get cutoff like the steelers?

So far so good though.

Also do the Vikings have a history of gray pants?

Archived