New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Asymmetrical pant striping would be interesting, can't get a good read on it now though.

No no no to any Rutgers effects with the helmets, either go matte or keep the typical shine.

Call me a tin-foil hatter on this one but even given filters and such the purple straight up looks different, and I'm actually a fan of the it tbh.

Sorry, man...it seems fairly obvious that they're doing something fairly radical (compared to the norm) with the helmets. Part of the anticipation for me is to see how far they went. Not far, I hope.

Fairly obvious from what?

I don't think it's obvious. There are two things to go on. First, they have not shown any part of the helmet in these clues (circumstantial at best). Second, the Jared Allen video, which could simply imply a gray face mask.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asymmetrical pant striping would be interesting, can't get a good read on it now though.

No no no to any Rutgers effects with the helmets, either go matte or keep the typical shine.

Call me a tin-foil hatter on this one but even given filters and such the purple straight up looks different, and I'm actually a fan of the it tbh.

Sorry, man...it seems fairly obvious that they're doing something fairly radical (compared to the norm) with the helmets. Part of the anticipation for me is to see how far they went. Not far, I hope.

Jared Allen's description and the Seahawks rebrand last year im guessing. the helmet is definitely different in some way

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't think it's obvious. There are two things to go on. First, they have not shown any part of the helmet in these clues (circumstantial at best). Second, the Jared Allen video, which could simply imply a gray face mask.

Yeah, trust me, I've been following these clues with the crazed intensity of a religious zealot, and it seems to me they've gone out of the way to not be "fairly obvious" about anything. The only prevailing theme that gets brought up in the actual language, if not the images, seems to be a return to tradition, but with a modern twist. The Jared Allen video was a somewhat clever piece of "talk-a-lot-but-basically-say-little" which, as you say, could mean anything from a simple gray mask added to last year's helmet (doubtful IMO), to some silly pattern added to the entire helmet (also doubtful IMO). Based on the small tidbits we've been given of the rest of the uniform, my money is on something somewhere in the middle... last year's horn on a matte-ish helmet with a gray mask, maybe. But, obviously, I'm just guessing. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

Yeah, trust me, I've been following these clues with the crazed intensity of a religious zealot, and it seems to me they've gone out of the way to not be "fairly obvious" about anything. The only prevailing theme that gets brought up in the actual language, if not the images, seems to be a return to tradition, but with a modern twist. The Jared Allen video was a somewhat clever piece of "talk-a-lot-but-basically-say-little" which, as you say, could mean anything from a simple gray mask added to last year's helmet (doubtful IMO), to some silly pattern added to the entire helmet (also doubtful IMO). Based on the small tidbits we've been given of the rest of the uniform, my money is on something somewhere in the middle... last year's horn on a matte-ish helmet with a gray mask, maybe. But, obviously, I'm just guessing. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

Nice. I am with you.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Maybe I oversold that. It's simply my impression based on the helmet in the clue below, Jared Allen saying something about the helmet looking "tougher," and the overall trend in uni design today. Everything together doesn't add up to the same old purple lid with a white horn.

IMHO at least. :D

clue1o.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hey everyone. Lurker turned poster here. Love reading all the opinions on here. Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a buddy with inside info like all other new posters. Just a long time Vikings and logo fan. Way to excited for these unis and checking the board everyday.

Just thought I'd add that current rams, vikings, and eagles helmets are by far the best IMO.

Skol vikings and skol sweet new unis.

Brady is not my homeboy.

I they change the helmet people will got nuts

you don't mess with what some consider the best helmet in the game.

I didn't know we were talking about the Eagles in this thread...

mj-laughing.gif

You're straight trippin if you don't think Eagles domes are in the top 3 in the league

Then I, good sir, am straight trippin'.

Hey everyone. Lurker turned poster here. Love reading all the opinions on here. Sorry to disappoint but I don't have a buddy with inside info like all other new posters. Just a long time Vikings and logo fan. Way to excited for these unis and checking the board everyday.

Just thought I'd add that current rams, vikings, and eagles helmets are by far the best IMO.

Skol vikings and skol sweet new unis.

Brady is not my homeboy.

gtfo.gif

I they change the helmet people will got nuts

you don't mess with what some consider the best helmet in the game.

I didn't know we were talking about the Eagles in this thread...

mj-laughing.gif

You're straight trippin if you don't think Eagles domes are in the top 3 in the league

Vikings, Packers, Rams, Bears, and (vomit about to be projected) Cowboys are all superior IMO just off the top of my head.

I do like the Eagles's general intent, but I don't really care for the current wing on the helmet.

Archived