New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we assume this is the font from the actually jersey? The reason I question this is because the purples do not look the same at all. In fact, could this be a generic mock up of the font itself and has nothing to do with the jersey? Besides why would Nike stitch the stripes on the shoulders and screen print the numbers? It does not add up to me.

pXrrsHN.jpgadrian-jersey-close.jpg

spacer.png

Can we assume this is the font from the actually jersey? The reason I question this is because the purples do not look the same at all. In fact, could this be a generic mock up of the font itself and has nothing to do with the jersey? Besides why would Nike stitch the stripes on the shoulders and screen print the numbers? It does not add up to me.

Photo colors not matching is pretty much the norm... doesn't mean the actual colors won't match in person.

And those numbers are stitched... look closer.

Photo colors not matching is pretty much the norm... doesn't mean the actual colors won't match in person.

And those numbers are stitched... look closer.

oldschoolvikings - I don't see it....I suppose I will just have to wait for the final uniform.

I think that is just a mock up of numbers not an actual jersey.

I like what I am seeing so far with the Vikes.

I am one of the minority group that love their current set, but like you I am also liking what we are seeing so far. I believe it is gonna come down to the helmet and facemask making this either an upgrade or downgrade.

spacer.png

DAMN!

I don't love the stripes (though i agree that I like the fact that they are stitched), but I HATE the all-white numbers. I was clinging to the hope that they'd outline them in yellow. There is no reason not to.

All right, just show us the gray facemask and get it over with. The all-white numbers make this a downgrade for me. I'd rather they'd have stuck with the mess they were wearing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The current number font was terrible. There were rumors of italicized numbers.

I consider this a win.

I'm going to love the home jerseys. But I'm having trouble seeing out that pant striping fits into the design. Maybe there's more to it than we saw - perhaps some more purple to the left of the white on the pant stripe??

The current number font was terrible. There were rumors of italicized numbers.

I consider this a win.

I'm going to love the home jerseys. But I'm having trouble seeing out that pant striping fits into the design. Maybe there's more to it than we saw - perhaps some more purple to the left of the white on the pant stripe??

Italics would have been awful. I don't hate the current number font, but I know most do, so I accept that. But there is no reason they could not have outlined the very numbers you see in that photo. That's why I think of it as a loss. But even if it's a win, it's not as big of a win as it should have been.

White-only numbers; I kinda knew it was coming because of how much everyone liked the throwbacks...but the sleeves are not even throwback-y, so the number easily could have been outlined.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

To each his own.

I always thought the white numbers were out of place on the throwbacks. But with the simple thick single colored stripes on the new jersey, combined with the solid yellow 'Vikings" script, the solid numbers could look very nice.

True. It's all opinions. I admit that I have a hatred of keeping team colors off of the front of the uniform (e.g., the Canucks having green on the sleeves but the logo or the back numbers; and the 1980s vikes having yellow relegated to a pants stripe a bit of yellow on the sleeves and a sliver on the helmet).

For me the outlined numbers would have made a world of difference. I otherwise like everything I've seen thus far, but I really think the all-whites were a swing and a miss.

POTD (Shared)

DAMN!

I don't love the stripes (though i agree that I like the fact that they are stitched), but I HATE the all-white numbers. I was clinging to the hope that they'd outline them in yellow. There is no reason not to.

All right, just show us the gray facemask and get it over with. The all-white numbers make this a downgrade for me. I'd rather they'd have stuck with the mess they were wearing.

Wow... that statement just seems crazy to me.

I think the idea on the non-trimed numbers has to do with color patterning. So far, they haven't had the gold touch the white anywhere. And it doesn't on the helmet, so that makes the color pattern consistant. That's my assumption as to the reason, anyway.

For me, the plain numbers is really a case by case thing. Green Bay and Pittsburgh both have plain numbers and look awesome... I can't picture it any other way. So, IMO sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm gonna reserve judgment here, but to me, this was an upgrade the day it was announced... the currents must die.

But, then I feel the same way about gray facemasks... depends on the overall look.

DAMN!

Wow... that statement just seems crazy to me.

I think the idea on the non-trimed numbers has to do with color patterning. So far, they haven't had the gold touch the white anywhere. And it doesn't on the helmet, so that makes the color pattern consistant. That's my assumption as to the reason, anyway.

For me, the plain numbers is really a case by case thing. Green Bay and Pittsburgh both have plain numbers and look awesome... I can't picture it any other way. So, IMO sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm gonna reserve judgment here, but to me, this was an upgrade the day it was announced... the currents must die.

But, then I feel the same way about gray facemasks... depends on the overall look.

I do agree with the color patterning concept. Which is why I'm reserving judgement until the whole thing is unveiled.

However, that is part of the reason why I dislike the Packers and Steelers uniforms so much - so much Yellow/Gold everywhere, and none on the numbers. IMO - both of those uniform sets could use a little Yellow/Gold on the numbers, and less everywhere else.

We'll have to wait and see the complete font, but the only redeeming thing I see about the font is that it's not italicized. How the :censored: does that standard looking 8 fit in with the curved 2? And yes, they absolutely should have been outlined in yellow. I'm not crazy about what I've seen of the sleeve or pants stripes, but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that, too. I have a feeling that once the uniforms are unveiled, the best we'll be able to say "at least it's better than the last set, I guess."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

People are forgetting about the road jerseys. The numbers may have GOLD around the number or a blue stripe. NO ONE WILL EVER BE HAPPY but I think that around 95 % of the people will think this is boss. I hated the 2006-2012 uniforms. In fact the only one that sold in that time frame was the MOSS and the FARVE #4, other than that, most people out of Minnesota didn't wear them. I live in San Diego and I am usually the only one wearing the NUMBER 4 jersey or any Viking jersey. I will buy this when it is available for sure and wear it with pride. Purple is back in a big way!!

6hrq0k.png

Yes.

adrian-jersey-close.jpg

I so hate single color numbers.

I'll reserve judgement on it all until we see the whole package.

Very happy the Vikings chose to go single color numbers. White outlined in gold...the colors are too close to each other and don't really matter from a spectator perspective.

I assume the Vikings numbers will be very similar to the ones from Face Off M54. Notice the Minnesota Wild featured in the photo from dafont.com. Probably means nothing, but you all were talking about a cake earlier...here is the link to the font http://www.dafont.com/face-off-m54.font?text=1234567890&fpp=50&back=theme

It will be interesting to see if they go with the same font for the player name.

face_off_m54.jpg

SKOL

skol-vikings-header2.jpg

Archived