New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

If they use a white facemask the outlineless numbers won't seem out of place.

They don't have a history of that, so I'd be pretty surprised if they went that route.

That said, it wouldn't look as out of place if/when they go with grey :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question... Is it possible that the material used on the sleeve stripes creates an illusion of a pattern? It looks to me like the sleeve stripe is either textured (which could possibly be used on the helmet as well) or the lighting on that specific material creates weird shadows.

I'm personally leaning towards the latter, but you never know.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

They don't have a history of that, so I'd be pretty surprised if they went that route.

They wore a white facemask for at least one season in the early 80s.

I pieced the pieces together to get this. It's not perfect but it is what I think we can expect.

vike_zpsbe98db14.png

I like the white only numerals. In my eye they actually match the stripe pattern well in that the bold white and bold gold stripes are separate from each other. That being said, the "misfit" of the group would be the pant stripes from what I've seen.

I pieced the pieces together to get this. It's not perfect but it is what I think we can expect.

vike_zpsbe98db14.png

I like the white only numerals. In my eye they actually match the stripe pattern well in that the bold white and bold gold stripes are separate from each other. That being said, the "misfit" of the group would be the pant stripes from what I've seen.

Yeah but they are opposite of the stripes not sure I much care for the font as it does not match anything on the uniform.

I think a yellow outline would make them pop more

People crying for 7 years for the VIKINGS to wear throwbacks and the VIKINGS brass listens to us. We get OLD school and people complain. As Chris Carter say's "C'MON MAN!" I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think much of anyone's complaining about what we've seen so far. Personally, I like a number outline and think a thin gold outline spaced an equally thin distance away from the white would look better. It's just a personal preference of mine.

I do like pretty much everything that's been teased so far, though. As long as they avoid a matte helmet and some pointless sublimated middle stripe, I'll be pretty happy with what the North trots out as a whole.

vike_zpsbe98db14.png

Yeah but they are opposite of the stripes not sure I much care for the font as it does not match anything on the uniform.

agree that the number font and the wordmark do not go together at all

They wore a white facemask for at least one season in the early 80s.

1980-1984 according to the Helmet Project. (And, my own memory.)

I think of Tommy Kramer when I think about Vikings helmets with White masks.

That being said, keeping them Purple is the only sensible thing to do.

vike_zpsbe98db14.png

agree that the number font and the wordmark do not go together at all

Yeah but how many teams have matching word marks and number fonts?

Either they'd need a block wordmark, or really thin numbers like the wordmark. So far I like it though!

I do like pretty much everything that's been teased so far, though. As long as they avoid a matte helmet and some pointless sublimated middle stripe, I'll be pretty happy with what the North trots out as a whole.

UnAmerican. No matte helmet?! You are kidding, right? The matte finish > the shiney/sparkly finish 100% of the time. I'm with you on the middle stripe, though.

FORMO2-1.png

I worked up a flat model of what we may or may not have seen so far. The helmet is a complete guess at this point.

VikingsMockUp_zpsee729401.png

If this turns out to be correct, I'll have no complaints.

And from this view, you can kinda see how the sleeve stripe and pants stripe visually connect. Think of the white sleeve stripe as being analogous to the white front of the pants... then we go, from top to bottom, skinny purple, thin gold, thick purple... the same as the pants stripe from front to back.

I worked up a flat model of what we may or may not have seen so far. The helmet is a complete guess at this point.

This is awesome.. Thanks.

I've been farting around for the past 2 weeks trying to do this, and eventually gave up. I guess it helps to have Photoshop.. but it's damn expensive.

FORMO2-1.png

I'm almost positive the pants will contain a white stripe on the purple background to match the sleeves.

UnAmerican. No matte helmet?! You are kidding, right? The matte finish > the shiney/sparkly finish 100% of the time. I'm with you on the middle stripe, though.

...not sure if you're kidding. But no, I don't really care for matte helmets. I'm fine with a non-sparkly finish, mind you, but that doesn't have to be matte. The textured/matte look on a helmet just isn't something I care for - it makes the uniform feel flat when played in well-lit conditions.

If this turns out to be correct, I'll have no complaints.

And from this view, you can kinda see how the sleeve stripe and pants stripe visually connect. Think of the white sleeve stripe as being analogous to the white front of the pants... then we go, from top to bottom, skinny purple, thin gold, thick purple... the same as the pants stripe from front to back.

I am still clinging to hope for purple facemask.

The pants stripes are bugging me, though. They just done make sense.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived