New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

The numerals aren't that bad, IF and ONLY if there are "Left and Right" versions of certain ones. If the serifs clash on certain sets, it'll look horrible.

All in all, it's a pretty well mixed version of classic with modern flare.

Agreed. Looking at Greenway's 52, the tops of the numbers fit, the bottom doesn't. I'd like them more if they had a left and a right version. I mean, why not, they do it with the Cal Bear's football unis.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have a definitive answer on what color the facemask is? Hopefully purple, but I actually wouldn't mind it being black. There's at least a little black on the helmet logo and it won't stand out against the helmet. Really like the overall set though. It will be nice seeing the Vikings look like they belong in the NFC North. I'm hoping they wear the purple pants with the white jerseys a little more than they did with the last set. I just wish they had white socks with stripes to go with them. I'm not really worried about them going monochrome purple since they didn't do that much with their last set. And I don't think the number font is too bad.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Does the striping take an upturn towards the back of the jersey? I don't think it's a normal striping pattern...

I just noticed this in the mirror reflection picture. It it does...that easily ruins this jersey. :(

screenshot20130423at224.png

am I the only one who sees Chewbacca with an afro in that pic?

Does the striping take an upturn towards the back of the jersey? I don't think it's a normal striping pattern...

I just noticed this in the mirror reflection picture. It it does...that easily ruins this jersey. :(

I'm not sure it would be that terrible, but I'm going to wait until a better pic comes out. We're getting into Zapruder territory here with this one.

qvAvG.jpg

No, no. That's Bigfoot.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

No, no. That's Bigfoot.

I thought they cut Bryant McKinnie?

qvAvG.jpg

I've always been a fan of trying to incorporate the horn into the sleeve of the jersey, and the close-up seems to do that. But, if that's what we see in the reflection, it's backward.

I feel like I'm going to be disappointed when full shots of the uni are unveiled showing all sides. I take away the matte and the funky horns on the numbers, and I like the set. But, the matte and the funky horns are there, and I just can't get past those elements.

Ha, and some idiot claimed earlier today that people on this site give their conjecture way to early by examining really obscure details. What a dolt! Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back on to crapping on the Vikings new uniforms because of what I see in a hyper-pixelated reflection.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm not a fan of the matte/satin helmet, but hopefully it doesn't have a pattern on it. I would prefer they didn't have purple pants because: 1) they dont have white socks to go with them; and 2) this means we will get monochromes.

We'll see how it looks when we see the whole stripes. They could have been a lot worse, but that number font is absolutely terrible. Put a standard block with a yellow outline and it's arguably one of the top five sets in football. Put any other proprietary font, with or without an outline, as long as it doesn't have thorns, and it's instantly better.

Ok we get it. You hate everything. You have been so negative through this whole thread

I may be mistaken (and lazy) but wasn't there a picture WAY back in this thread that had those fugly horns on the numbers?

You are correct. Infact, I took that image and updated by taking those spurs off the numbers. Boy was I wrong.

As much as I hate the numbers, I say this is worlds better than what they currently wear.

Is everyone assuming that the second digit will also have the spikes? It really doesn't look like it but can't be 100% confirmed on that photo.

Sure, the 2nd digit of the TV numbers is spikeless, but that could just mean that the spikes aren't used on the TV numbers at all.

If the 2nd digit (i.e. Greenway's 2) has a spike, I will be fine with it. If it doesn't, it is the worst design choice since the Jags helmet. Honestly what would #55 or #22 look like? Gross.

I'm not a fan of the matte/satin helmet, but hopefully it doesn't have a pattern on it. I would prefer they didn't have purple pants because: 1) they dont have white socks to go with them; and 2) this means we will get monochromes.

We'll see how it looks when we see the whole stripes. They could have been a lot worse, but that number font is absolutely terrible. Put a standard block with a yellow outline and it's arguably one of the top five sets in football. Put any other proprietary font, with or without an outline, as long as it doesn't have thorns, and it's instantly better.

Ok we get it. You hate everything. You have been so negative through this whole thread

Ok I get it. You apparently have a persecution complex and can't handle anyone disagreeing with your opinions. Very sorry.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived