New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted these in Concepts earlier...my take on the shoulder stripe idea. I could see them turning out like this, with a matte helmet and either purple/grey/black face mask.

HOME http://vsg187.tumblr...age/46353104992

AWAY ALT http://vsg187.tumblr...age/46352861326

Those two are winners. Nice work. (I'm not a fan of anything other than white for a monochrome look) I'd be thrilled if the Vikings went with something similar.

BB52Big.jpg

I posted these in Concepts earlier...my take on the shoulder stripe idea. I could see them turning out like this, with a matte helmet and either purple/grey/black face mask.

HOME http://vsg187.tumblr...age/46353104992

AWAY ALT http://vsg187.tumblr...age/46352861326

Those two are winners. Nice work. (I'm not a fan of anything other than white for a monochrome look) I'd be thrilled if the Vikings went with something similar.

Other than the lack of shoulder numbers, those look fantastic.

I'm guessing the horns will be smaller and "sharper" (which will ironically not match the new norseman) and the uniform a good idea that is ultimately ruined by nike's love for random panels and goofy patterns.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I know there has been a lot of talk of people wanting to go back a darker shade of purple, but with the realease of the new draft caps (yes, complete with new logo) it looks like these will be the official colors for the Vikings and there fore, what will be used on the unis.

http://www.nflshop.c...rentPage=family

Yeah, I could be remembering it wrong, but i think Colorwerx already confirmed that the only color change the Vikes were getting was the slightly different gold.

That makes sense to me. I know the shade of purple has been a bit of a hot topic on other boards, I am personally glad to see the current purple stay. I remember when they updated this a few years back. From a designer's persective, I can tell you that purple is very hard to match when you are talking paint and fabric, a pain in the ass. On top of that, I know they had a big problem of how purple looks in indoor light compared to outdoor light. This is why the 90's Vikings always looked like they were wearing something closer to blue when they played their games in the HHH Dome.

Consistency is what its all about and as long as it's not any lighter than what it is, no complaints here.

Something that always bugged me about the current Viking's unis were those numbers. They are slab-serif, but are rounded too! I thought it always made them look child-like or not as aggresive. Give me a slab serif or san-serif (like the Bears or Steelers) but dont soften the old school slab-serif please.

Just wondering if this bothered anyone like it did me.

Something that always bugged me about the current Viking's unis were those numbers. They are slab-serif, but are rounded too! I thought it always made them look child-like or not as aggresive. Give me a slab serif or san-serif (like the Bears or Steelers) but dont soften the old school slab-serif please.

The number font on their most recent set has always bothered me too

The number font on their most recent set has always bothered me too

Absolutely! They got a little less rounded this year with the switch to Nike, so they looked okay. But before they looked awful. "Child-like" is the perfect way to put it.

Untitled.png

That makes sense to me. I know the shade of purple has been a bit of a hot topic on other boards, I am personally glad to see the current purple stay. I remember when they updated this a few years back. From a designer's persective, I can tell you that purple is very hard to match when you are talking paint and fabric, a pain in the ass. On top of that, I know they had a big problem of how purple looks in indoor light compared to outdoor light. This is why the 90's Vikings always looked like they were wearing something closer to blue when they played their games in the HHH Dome.

Consistency is what its all about and as long as it's not any lighter than what it is, no complaints here.

Interesting point on the lighting: how does their future stadium situation play into shades of purple (even if, from our understanding, the shade is not going to change)? They only have one more season in the Metrodome, and it's under that brighter roof from 2011. Then, two seasons in natural light at TCF Bank Stadium before the new place opens in 2016...which may have a retractable roof. Even though the stadium design process evidently isn't complete (a major point is that they're currently deciding what kind of retractable "element" to include in the stadium -- like a roof or wall or window), the uniform process obviously is, so whatever purple we're going to have for the next five years will have to work in whatever combo of natural and artificial light in the new stadium.

the one label 1979 has to be from 1975 as the Viking were at home in purple against the bills in 1979. 1992 is really 1999 as there is the cm patch on the uniform .

I was looking through the slideshow on Facebook today and noticed the CM patch. Which brought me to a google search for 'Vikings cm patch' and lead me here. Anyone know/remember what that patch was for?

FORMO2-1.png

Archived