New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

I may be mistaken (and lazy) but wasn't there a picture WAY back in this thread that had those fugly horns on the numbers?

You are correct. Infact, I took that image and updated by taking those spurs off the numbers. Boy was I wrong.

As much as I hate the numbers, I say this is worlds better than what they currently wear.

I agree. Just makes you wonder how the numbers managed to sneak by the folks responsible for the finishing touches, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that Wilf requested by name.

"Can you put some little spiky deals on the numbers? I think it would look great!"

"Yeah, I mean, sure Ziggy, whatever you want. Would you like to see a mock-up first?"

"No, just put them on there, it'll look just fine."

Pretty sorry of the journalists who are responsible for the leak, very unprofessional of them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome job Vikings.

Only thing I need a better look at is the numbers. At first glance, it's a little sketchy, but they're unique. And they're not so wonky that it distracts from anything, at least right now.

And I'd prefer a Northwestern sleeve stripe, but these are fine.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm not a fan of the matte/satin helmet, but hopefully it doesn't have a pattern on it. I would prefer they didn't have purple pants because: 1) they dont have white socks to go with them; and 2) this means we will get monochromes.

We'll see how it looks when we see the whole stripes. They could have been a lot worse, but that number font is absolutely terrible. Put a standard block with a yellow outline and it's arguably one of the top five sets in football. Put any other proprietary font, with or without an outline, as long as it doesn't have thorns, and it's instantly better.

It is astonishing how often I agree with you on all things uniform-related. This breaks the streak. I love matte helmet finishes and am very happy with what the Vikes are doing here (unless there is some Nike quirk that we are not yet seeing).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

vikings_uniforms.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I think those numbers are supposed to look like the square sails of a ship. Being blown easterly? Am I insane?

Actually, I could see that resemblance. It also wouldn't surprise me if that was the design speak that Nike uses. It doesnt look like those spurs/serifs are on the second number though. Maybe there are left and right numbers.

I'll say it, these numbers look better than the double outlined jag's numbers. Look at the #3 on their jersey, gross.

The purple pants are the best addition.

The Vikings definitely hit a homerun with this uniform and like you I think those purple pants are an amazing addition. I just hope they actually wear them in games.

spacer.png

I will be the first to put my order in.

Like I said the best part is the YELLOW is nearly gone. It harkens back to the old days, yes with e new flair.

No more white stripe down the side is the best

Really? I thought it was the purple pants.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I believe the purple remained the same, so we can put the darker stuff to rest. Side by side, last year and this year anyone?

I will be the first to put my order in.

Like I said the best part is the YELLOW is nearly gone. It harkens back to the old days, yes with e new flair.

No more white stripe down the side is the best

Really? I thought it was the purple pants.

look, I know you all HATE me (and that it's not EVEN funny) but I am 14 years old and you guys are jerks

6hrq0k.png

Archived