New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

But that's just a different (or, the continion of a) graphic sumbliminated on the numbers. The number font itself is the same for the first and second digit. But this example is probably the closest thing we've seen to a team using two separate fonts for the first and second digit. Can anyone think of other examples?

Does Oregon count since their numbers are slanted outward in either direction?

IIRC, someone posted their number sheet earlier. It includes left, right and middle (single?) digits.

Oregon never counts. They are firmly in their own category as far as all things football uniform related go.

The hockey examples are interesting, but at least the discrepancy in number font was used to accomodate the striping pattern. The Vikings design is just arbitrary and confusing. Swing and a miss by Nike.

Even though we found out yesterday that purple pants are here to stay, the Vikings posted this picture on their Facebook page

"1961 Uniforms"

48059_10151560734852836_1426174256_n.jpg

purple pants were not used by the Vikings in 1961. they started wearing them in 1962.

Quite possibly my favorite uniform combo of all time^

this coming from a Bears fan

Ditto, including being a Bears fan. I love the look of dark helmets with matching pants worn with white jerseys and socks. The Bears and the Chiefs look great when they wear their colored pants on the road. It's a shame the Texans never got white socks with the striping pattern of the white pants, because it would look incredible with their navy road pants.

Even though we found out yesterday that purple pants are here to stay, the Vikings posted this picture on their Facebook page

"1961 Uniforms"

48059_10151560734852836_1426174256_n.jpg

purple pants were not used by the Vikings in 1961. they started wearing them in 1962.

These have always been my favorite as well. Light tops and dark pants look better than white on white in my opinion. Its funny how many people HATE dark on dark, but just love white on white... different strokes I guess.

Based on yesterday's leaks, I expect the uniform design to look similar to this (with the grey facemask being swapped out for black):

vikingsmock.jpg

I can already see the Nike description.

"These pants are made with our innovative double cross-four way-triple layered-multidmensional cross seam stitching, which features our patented enzyme technology that injects a player with the DNA of Leif Erikson, making him more at one with the Viking Spirit. The pant stripe replicates a ships oars, and when the player runs, he will be "paddling" himself forward, much like the boats of that vikings traveled in. Finally, the numbers are made to represent the sails on a Viking ship and are made with our innovative new quad-half iron stitch technology, which makes players .0000000001 micro-ounces lighter, and is in the specially mixed color Nike Pearl™. Now give us your money."

Quite possibly my favorite uniform combo of all time^

this coming from a Bears fan

Ditto, including being a Bears fan. I love the look of dark helmets with matching pants worn with white jerseys and socks. The Bears and the Chiefs look great when they wear their colored pants on the road. It's a shame the Texans never got white socks with the striping pattern of the white pants, because it would look incredible with their navy road pants.

I completely agree about the texans, i am a fan of what a lot of you call the "leotard" look, but white socks would look great with the navy pants.

Based on yesterday's leaks, I expect the uniform design to look similar to this (with the grey facemask being swapped out for black):

vikingsmock.jpg

I can already see the Nike description.

"These pants are made with our innovative double cross-four way-triple layered-multidmensional cross seam stitching, which features our patented enzyme technology that injects a player with the DNA of Leif Erikson, making him more at one with the Viking Spirit. The pant stripe replicates a ships oars, and when the player runs, he will be "paddling" himself forward, much like the boats of that vikings traveled in. Finally, the numbers are made to represent the sails on a Viking ship and are made with our innovative new quad-half iron stitch technology, which makes players .0000000001 micro-ounces lighter, and is in the specially mixed color Nike Pearl™. Now give us your money."

and the helmet represents the flag on the ship waving in the wind

• IceCap locked this topic