New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on yesterday's leaks, I expect the uniform design to look similar to this (with the grey facemask being swapped out for black):

vikingsmock.jpg

I can already see the Nike description.

"These pants are made with our innovative double cross-four way-triple layered-multidmensional cross seam stitching, which features our patented enzyme technology that injects a player with the DNA of Leif Erikson, making him more at one with the Viking Spirit. The pant stripe replicates a ships oars, and when the player runs, he will be "paddling" himself forward, much like the boats of that vikings traveled in. Finally, the numbers are made to represent the sails on a Viking ship and are made with our innovative new quad-half iron stitch technology, which makes players .0000000001 micro-ounces lighter, and is in the specially mixed color Nike Pearlâ„¢. Now give us your money."

and the helmet represents the flag on the ship waving in the wind

I still think the purple wraps around the back of the pant legs like some arena uniforms. Also, much like last years pro bowl uniform. Here is an example.

But with the yellow stripe going straight down and the purple wrapping around.

Chad-Greenway-Minnesota-Vikings-Pro-Bowl.jpg

6hrq0k.png

Exactly. Which is why I don't understand why they chose to stress only the traditional elements in the teasers.

They knew, or at least claimed to know, that the vast majority of the fans wanted a return to the more traditional style uniform. So they were deliberately setting up the majority of their fanbase for a big dissapointment by misleading them into believing everything would be traditional. The only elements that was specifically described as a mix of traditional and modern was the helmet, by Jared Allen in the first week, and arguably the number font(s), by Adrian last week).

In the end, the uniforms will be an upgrade over the '06-'12 sets, but the way the Vikings handled the teaser process is sure to upset a lot of fans.

I posted the exact possibility of the wrap-around pant stripes yesterday, citing the same pro bowl visuals as a reference. It's not that I think they will be that way, I just mentioned it as something that I could easily see Nike/Vikings doing IF the sleeve stripe does actually turn up, to tie the two parts together.

I AM THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

The leaked pictures only show a few uniforms. Two for Miami, three for the Jags and two for the Vikes.

Anyhow, when the Vikings show all COMBO's tomorrow they will show an all White standard Viking road jersey.

This is all of the different combo's that Jacksonville had.

temp009JagsUniform042313--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

DSC05034.jpg

It will be the same for the VIKES, different combo's. Just like they did in 2006.

To those people that are upset about the purple road pants, I highly doubt we wear them many games, it most likely will be the standard all white variant.

IMHO, I love the Purple pants....

6hrq0k.png

The leaked pictures only show a few uniforms. Two for Miami, three for the Jags and two for the Vikes.

Anyhow, when the Vikings show all COMBO's tomorrow they will show an all White standard Viking road jersey.

DSC05034.jpg

It will be the same for the VIKES, different combo's. Just like they did in 2006.

To those people that are upset about the purple road pants, I highly doubt we wear them many games, it most likely will be the stand all white variant.

Or simply they didn't want to put up that many mannequins. The Jags had three mannequins for the three different jerseys. Dolphins and Vikes had two each because of the two different jerseys. I am very sure that the all white and all purple could be there at the unveiling

Go A's!

Can we start a new debate. When fans say "we" as if they are part of the team. For or against. I'm fine with it, but others say no.

We had a huge argument about that years ago. Hence spawning the god awful phrase: "today we are all.... (Cardinals).

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Spot on analysis. I'm going to try to stay on the positive side in that they're much better than the prior set, but I reserve the right to be disappointed in the final product. The biggest complaint I had before was the "arena league" feel. Now we have gimmick-y fonts and weird wrap-around stripes to contend with? :facepalm:

DSC05034.jpg

To those people that are upset about the purple road pants, I highly doubt we wear them many games, it most likely will be the stand all white variant.

I just want to know who the guy farthest to the left is in that pic! And also state that seeing Troy Williamson up there is REALLY depressing.

Can we start a new debate. When fans say "we" as if they are part of the team. For or against. I'm fine with it, but others say no.

No, that s**t is stupid. It doesn't matter how anyone references their favorite team. Anyone that gets irritated at any other's use of the term "we" or "our" or if the fact that they don't use it, needs to get over themselves.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Totally acceptable. Do it all the time. The fans stick with the team through player, coaching, management, and style changes. Fans are the most stable part of a team, therefore I think we as fans are completely within our rights to refer to a team as we. Not to mention the countless dollars we pour into our favorite teams' bank accounts. We have a right to refer to our favorite team as "us".

"We want Andrew Wiggins, but he'll probably go to Kentucky."

"We had the lead at home in Atlanta last night, but they came back in the 9th and beat us."

Perfectly acceptable, IMO.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

What do you think will be different? The pants stripe is a complete guess based on the very bottom portion of Greenway's pants and the teaser of the pants stripe. But I am pretty confident that the shoulder stripe will closely resemble my crappy mockup.

Is anyone else seeing the thickening of the pants stripe? So far you're the only one who's pointed it out.. I'm not seeing it.

Well I own a share of my team(Packers) so I say we all the time. According to Jerry Jones he said the Cowboy fans are part of the team so they should say, we. I can't believe that is annoying. What annoys me is 49er "fans" who haven't said a word or been able to name more than 1 player on the team since 1994 all of a sudden showing up the last 2 years as if they cared the whole time. Or Raider fans who switched to the 49ers. Thank you facebook for helping be see all the bandwagon posers.

I agree with Biff. You'll see a "white on white" displayed tomorrow and you'll see the Vikes wear the purple pants 0 to 1 times per year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What do you think will be different? The pants stripe is a complete guess based on the very bottom portion of Greenway's pants and the teaser of the pants stripe. But I am pretty confident that the shoulder stripe will closely resemble my crappy mockup.

Is anyone else seeing the thickening of the pants stripe? So far you're the only one who's pointed it out.. I'm not seeing it.

I don't see a "thickening" per se, but I do notice that the stripe at the bottom of Greenway's pants is much thicker than the yellow stripe in the teaser. This could mean one of two things: (1) the teaser does not depict the pants stripe (could be the shoulder stripe on the away uni, some weird butt panel on the pants, etc.) or, (2) the stripe begins skinny like in the teaser and then, at some point, thickens as it approaches the bottom of the pants.

Well I own a share of my team(Packers) so I say we all the time. According to Jerry Jones he said the Cowboy fans are part of the team so they should say, we. I can't believe that is annoying. What annoys me is 49er "fans" who haven't said a word or been able to name more than 1 player on the team since 1994 all of a sudden showing up the last 2 years as if they cared the whole time. Or Raider fans who switched to the 49ers. Thank you facebook for helping be see all the bandwagon posers.

It's a Bay Area thing across all sports. 5 years ago the term "Authentic Giants Fan" didn't exist.

The only team in the Bay Area that gets consistent support even if they suck is the Warriors, and they are moving to SF in the next decade. Sharks have a decent following but there isn't anything else to do in San Jose.

Archived