New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

IMO anyone that pays for or has season tickets IS part of the team. Fan noise is part of the home environment so those fans who go to the games actually matter and can effect the outcome of the game.

I always refer to the raiders as we. Can't make decisions or play but I can make a difference for crowd noise.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we start a new debate. When fans say "we" as if they are part of the team. For or against. I'm fine with it, but others say no.

No, that s**t is stupid. It doesn't matter how anyone references their favorite team. Anyone that gets irritated at any other's use of the term "we" or "our" or if the fact that they don't use it, needs to get over themselves.

I agree 100%. I think Those that use "we" are well aware of the fact they don't play for the team. They do, though, have what is usually a deeper emotional attachment to their team than the average player and it usually lasts a lifetime. Most players lose their attachment as soon as their contract is up and someone offers more money. If there were no fans who feel like they are part of their team pro sports would cease to exist as we know it. I use we in reference to my Boston teams all the time. Sorry if it bothers anyone but i feel like i have invested so much in them emotionally for so long its not that crazy.

We can use "we" because when we buy tickets or gear, we are directly helping the team financially and therefore are part of the team.

I use "we" myself, but I don't think that's the best rationalization. I give plenty of my money to Alterra Coffee and Hudson Distillery, but I've never been tempted to use "we" in regards to either of them. :)

Based on yesterday's leaks, I expect the uniform design to look similar to this (with the grey facemask being swapped out for black):

vikingsmock.jpg

Maybe close, but I think you've might have jumped to a few conclusions here. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I guess I'm not seeing the gold stripe getting thicker at the bottom of the pant. Also, the facemask doesn't seem definitively black from this photo.

Here's another blind guess on my part... sure to be completely proved wrong in less than 24 hours.

newtry_zps95f25b58.png

(And trust me, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about a few of the things I'm guessing on)

Can we start a new debate. When fans say "we" as if they are part of the team. For or against. I'm fine with it, but others say no.

Well I own a share of my team(Packers) so I say we all the time. According to Jerry Jones he said the Cowboy fans are part of the team so they should say, we. I can't believe that is annoying. What annoys me is 49er "fans" who haven't said a word or been able to name more than 1 player on the team since 1994 all of a sudden showing up the last 2 years as if they cared the whole time. Or Raider fans who switched to the 49ers. Thank you facebook for helping be see all the bandwagon posers.

Hey fresno st alum, I live in Fresno but am a viking fan. It used to be all annoying raider fans. Now it's mostly niner fans in china jerseys that can't name players, just like you said. It's so bad that I actually like it when I see a raider fan now. At least they are still around when the team sucks. But yes, I hear we all the time. I really don't mind the we thing but I don't use it.

It seems like everyone 'in real life' refers to the Minnesota teams as "we". I guess when you're around mostly like-minded people it just seems natural, I mean the only place I've seen people complain about it is the internet. But really, keep this thread about the Vikings uniforms.

Based on yesterday's leaks, I expect the uniform design to look similar to this (with the grey facemask being swapped out for black):

vikingsmock.jpg

Maybe close, but I think you've might have jumped to a few conclusions here. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I guess I'm not seeing the gold stripe getting thicker at the bottom of the pant. Also, the facemask doesn't seem definitively black from this photo.

Here's another blind guess on my part... sure to be completely proved wrong in less than 24 hours.

newtry_zps95f25b58.png

(And trust me, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about a few of the things I'm guessing on)

I think that is about it, and you wrapped the bottom of the swoop pants. Nice job!

6hrq0k.png

Feel like there are a ton of overreactions going on here because people got excitied for a perfectly executed new uniform set and it's starting to look like it's not going to be that. BUT, this set is guaranteed to be a huge improvement over the last. I mean c'mon the last uniforms were awful:

nfl_a_jared-allen_mb_576.jpg

- an awkward shoulder loop that had no consistency from jersey to jersey

- bulky side panels that gave the uniform no color consistency

- everything outlined in the gold, which means more piping

- rounded off numbers that were almost cartoonish

jared-allen_main.jpg

- the most ridiculous looking pants stripe with an awkward piping thing tailing off the bottom, again no shape consistency at all

- when the team goes white on white, the side panel on the jersey is purple and so is the pants stripe, but there's a random-ass white box in the middle of it

- a logo on the hip that is so small (too detailed a logo to start with) you can't really make anything of it

The next uniform is going to be better on almost every level of design. I am disappointed in a few details, but the last uniforms were atrocities.

We've known the old jerseys sucked since the spring of 2006. We just learned these new jerseys suck a little over 24 hours ago.

I wouldn't call it overreacting, I would call it disappointment. The teasers suggested a traditional uniform design with maybe a couple minor modern elements (e.g. a matte helmet). But it looks like we got an awkward mismatch / combination of traditional and modern elements, and it doesn't work. At all.

As a Vikings fan, I am upset with Nike's dumb ideas and Zygi's willingness to go along with those ideas. I was planning on buying an authentic AP for my wife and I shortly after the unveil. Now I will wait (in vain, no doubt) hoping that the dual-font number design is abandoned. If it is not, I don't see myself buying a jersey, which is sad.

At least they got the logo right, I guess.

Archived