New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably just the fabric or something, and I know only the yellow has officially changed...but that purple looks darker to me. Color me tickled pink...or, in this case, eggplant.

There was no mention of a change to the purple shade, but you're right it looks different. After looking at it a bit, I think i figured it out. Reebok used to use their "dazzle" material which made the fabric more shiny or brighter looking. It looks like Nike is going away from that look, a more "matte" look which in turn makes the shade appear darker. My guess, this uniform material/shade is gonna look killer with matte helmets.

Agreed. if they took out the shine of the jersey without technically changing the shade...perhaps they did the same to the helmet...which would kind of be a combination of "old" and "new" like someone (I think Jared Allen) mentioned.

Ok, a question for everyone...

For the home jerseys, who wants to see white numbers (possibly outlined in yellow), or would you rather see yellow numbers with no outline ( kind of like the bears blue and orange throw back)?

I'm really digging just the plain gold Vikings wordmark on purple under the collar.

For the home jerseys, who wants to see white numbers (possibly outlined in yellow), or would you rather see yellow numbers with no outline ( kind of like the bears blue and orange throw back)?

I'm really digging just the plain gold Vikings wordmark on purple under the collar.

im working out some concepts myself and havent made a decision on that. will either be yellow or white. it depends on how far i want to push it. if its a traditional Vikings look then you go white, but if you want to do something really unique and new then yellow will look great. id even add a stroke or two to it. how the Vikings themselves will do it i dont know, but i would lean towards white

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I got the next three unlocked if anyone wants me to post them.

WTF? Of course everyone wants you to post them. Please do.

In the meantime, I believe this is one of the new teasers: http://www.vikings.c...ose-article.jpg

But Mauer can correct me if I'm wrong.

Dont know if thats part of the new clues, but looking at the URL, thats from vikings.com for sure and by the last part of the URL, thats the close up of the jersey. Simple! I love seeing the gold wordmark on purple, no other outlines needed.

***NEVERMIND, JUST CHECKED VIKINGS.COM AND ITS THE HEADER FOR AN ARTICLE ON THE SITE, NOT ONE OF THE CLUES, SORRY 'BOUT THAT***

It's not one of the insider clues, but it is from the new jersey.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/An-Up-Close-Look-At-The-New-Vikings-Uniforms/6dc86c3b-a735-4a3e-982e-5cb40afb504f

"Below is a close-up shot of the new purple home jersey. Specifically, the area featured below is the spot below the collar but above the numbers on the front of the jersey."

I really want white numbers with yellow outlines. I am pretty sure we're going to get outline-free white numbers, though. The fanbase really likes the 1980s look.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really want white numbers with yellow outlines. I am pretty sure we're going to get outline-free white numbers, though. The fanbase really likes the 1980s look.

Yeah, I think plain white numbers, too. I could see a very plain jersey with white numbers in a custom font, with the only gold being very small details... the wordmark, the updated logo, and maybe NOB (like the steelers).

As far as these "leaks" go... IMO, so far so good.

I know you can't really tell everything about a color based on photos (always misleading), but that gold really does seem to photograpgh differently.

I was thinking the same thing, it looks almost more like a gold than a yellow in the pics. It sure doesnt look like the Packers gold anymore.

I know you can't really tell everything about a color based on photos (always misleading), but that gold really does seem to photograpgh differently.

I was thinking the same thing, it looks almost more like a gold than a yellow in the pics. It sure doesnt look like the Packers gold anymore.

As a former Vikings fan I'm scared to say that, from what I've seen and heard about them so far…I'm going to really like them. They sound a lot more simple and I love the new yellow they're using.

Looking good so far. I like.

I'm fine with either solid white numbers or solid gold like Army.

Well, I'm assuming (OK hoping) that the pants aren't going to be gold, so I personally don't want gold numbers. Not enough gold on the rest of the uniform to support it. Like when the rams wear white pants with their gold numbers... I hate that look.

Yellow numbers. Army uses gold, the Vikings use yellow, and it's now yellower than ever.

I am not really encouraged by what I've seen and heard thusfar. I really hope they don't add black to the set, as implied by those shoes. The Ravens already do black and purple, and it is really hard to make work. The colors are too close. Even though the Ravens use actual gold, which I think works much better than yellow-gold with purple and black, the uniforms are still kind of cluttered and the colors blend together. Also, considering the Vikings have been around for over 50 years using just purple and yellow, it's a terrible idea to add any color into the scheme.

I also don't like the solid yellow wordmark (or ANY collar wordmarks, for that matter) as it leads me to believe they will go with single-color numbers. I don't think Nike will do anything outlandish, and when they aren't doing "outlandish", they are doing "boring as :censored:". I don't know if we'll get a few stripes on the sleeves or a logo, or maybe nothing at all. Either way, I think they need the additional color from number outlines.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yellow numbers. Army uses gold, the Vikings use yellow, and it's now yellower than ever.

I am not really encouraged by what I've seen and heard thusfar. I really hope they don't add black to the set, as implied by those shoes. The Ravens already do black and purple, and it is really hard to make work. The colors are too close. Even though the Ravens use actual gold, which I think works much better than yellow-gold with purple and black, the uniforms are still kind of cluttered and the colors blend together. Also, considering the Vikings have been around for over 50 years using just purple and yellow, it's a terrible idea to add any color into the scheme.

I also don't like the solid yellow wordmark (or ANY collar wordmarks, for that matter) as it leads me to believe they will go with single-color numbers. I don't think Nike will do anything outlandish, and when they aren't doing "outlandish", they are doing "boring as :censored:". I don't know if we'll get a few stripes on the sleeves or a logo, or maybe nothing at all. Either way, I think they need the additional color from number outlines.

I'm with ya, I dont want them to add another color, nor do I think they need to. I wouldnt worry about the shoes though, they have been wearing black shoes since the last uniform update and before that, it was white. These are the only two colors you can chose from officially. I dont think they have any intent on adding black.

Archived