New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This picture makes the case for the black facemask as it ties into the horns

tempIMG_5881_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

The MATTE finish actually works with purple.... had to say it again.... and the NORSE chain inside the collar is a nice touch. Gots to get me this jersey

Well I assume riddell does minis in matte so it will look different than if I put a black mask on the current one. Looks like 3 new helmets that I'll be buying this year.

Everything looks good on the uni except I woulda went white mask

They do make matte mini helmets. I bought the SEC mini helmet set a few months ago and both Texas A&M and Mississippi State were matte.

Harrison Smith just tweeted this. Are they really going to have two different 2s?

BIu3JeBCEAAAvRD.jpg

And see...this right here is where that whole idea fails.

Doing their best to create parallels between the past and the future:

48059_10151560734852836_1426174256_n.jpg

temp21_2013UniDetail--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Yep...I can dig it. In this guise (especially with those silly ship-bow serif thingamuhjiggies), sans-outline numbers was the way to go...much cleaner, and allows the purple to stand out that much more. Speaking of...thet have them, they doggone well BETRER WEAR THEM. Early and often.

Oh and um uh...in regards to those sleeve stripes, they might've missed me with the "ship's bow" thing, but they do remind me of something else:

0904550.jpg

(Now THAT would've been some design inspiration...wonder if anyone's ever tried transcribing airline liveries onto football uniforms before...hmmm...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow, the white stripe DOES go up in back. That looks bad. As do the numbers. AND A BLACK FACEMASK! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Really? These are far superior than the leotards the Jags wear.

What are we in third grade or something? I didn't realize that me not liking elements of this design had any relation to which pro football team I cheered for.

The new Jaguars uniforms look like a combination of vomit and dog sh1t. Deal with it.

Harrison Smith just tweeted this. Are they really going to have two different 2s?

BIu3JeBCEAAAvRD.jpg

get over it....

I only said that because it would flow better if they used the serif one for both of them. How about you get over yourself? This was the first jersey that shared the same numbers on both ends, so I just pointed it out.

Go A's!

Wow, the white stripe DOES go up in back. That looks bad. As do the numbers. AND A BLACK FACEMASK! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Really? These are far superior than the leotards the Jags wear.

What are we in third grade or something? I didn't realize that me not liking elements of this design had any relation to which pro football team I cheered for.

Didn't you get the memo? Since the recent invasion of adolescents on CCSLC, we've resorted to children forms of communication.

True, my bad lol

These are gorgeous. I put them right up on par with the Texans and Bills as excellent examples of a simple, classic feel with modern touches. The black facemask doesn't bother me at all.

Bravo, Vikes.

I give it a 9.5/10.

I agree. It would be a 10 if it weren't for the black facemask. I just don't get that. I felt the same about the Gophers football design. The black just doesn't make sense in a uniform otherwise devoid of the color.

As a third generation Vikes fan, Norweigan, and native Minnesotan (and self-proclaimed Nike fanboy), these are just...incredible ^_^

If there is consistancy revealed with the number 'hulls', these are a modern classic.

Color balance is great, collar knot is great, purple pants are great, namebar font is great, matte/satin helmet is great, ah.

BIu3JeBCEAAAvRD.jpg

get over it....

I only said that because it would flow better if they used the serif one for both of them. How about you get over yourself? This was the first jersey that shared the same numbers on both ends, so I just pointed it out.

I understand what your saying I am just tired of hearing it from everyone.

6hrq0k.png

get over it....

I love this new trend. I agree the post you replied to doesn't add much to the conversation either, but the internet school-yard-bullying these last few days is hilarious.

The numbers look a lil weird to me. I actually really like the attempt, and give them praise for trying to make it work, but I almost wish the bottom right corners of some of these numbers, like the right "2" on the Smith jersey, was rounded to match its companion. I usually go all bat :censored: about numeral that are half rounded and half box cut (like Seattle), but here I actually think you can go a hair further by making that relationship the "rule" for the jerseys.

Overall, pretty great though. Just some lil inconsistency things (like, shouldn't the pants have the outer stripe flaring out behind the knee?) in the system.

These are gorgeous. I put them right up on par with the Texans and Bills as excellent examples of a simple, classic feel with modern touches. The black facemask doesn't bother me at all.

Bravo, Vikes.

I would disagree with the Bills (grey facemask) but i agree with the Texans and i would add the Buccaneers.

spacer.png

Archived