New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Found a couple more.

DnIXAab.jpg

Dz1LHMm.jpg

HELL YES! That is perfect!

also note the serifs on both numbers

temp1_2013UniReveal--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

The uniforms look even better on the players....outstanding job!

Yes they do...... also The :censored:ing Huge numbers on the back are awesome.. 'looking like a football jersey" The away pant are awesome.....

PURPLE PANTS? Well, this is at least better then the 2006-2012 ugly look they had before!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally like the purple they've been wearing ... rather than the blue-purple that they've gone back to

Purple hasn't changed.

In the photo of the home jersey it looked to me like they switched back to the purple that they wore pre-2006 .. the more bluish-purple.

You're the color expert tho' ... so I don't doubt you

570x375xVikings-New.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8pC3qM2b-n.jpg

Love the purple pants, but not with the purple jersey. Still think the glossy helmet looks much better than the matte.

And why...WHY do the teams need to have their own unique number font?!? IMHO the block numbers always look best. The dolphins ALMOST got it right...the Vikings not so much.

...miss the Cris Carter days...

Dont get me wrong...while I dont like everything, overall it's a pretty decent update. 1000% better than the Jags.

And why...WHY do the teams need to have their own unique number font?!? IMHO the block numbers always look best.

While I agree with you for the most part, the Chicago Bears number font are ideal for them, it's part of their identity. No way they should have any other number font than what they've long had.

Wish the Steelers would return to their old block numbers.

Purple away pants ..... no problem

Socks with the dark purple upper (that don't seem to match the purple pants) and white lower .... all wrong

They need white socks with those shoulder stripes in the centre when wearing the purple pants. Why is it so hard for some teams to get the socks right when wearing colored pants?? (MIN, BUF, SD, SEA ...)

KC, NE, CHI, NYJ all get that part right when wearing their colored pants on the road.

I personally like the purple they've been wearing ... rather than the bluish-purple that they've gone back to

Don't like the different jersey number font for the 2nd number ... that's over the top

The home uniform is nice, they even got the socks right for that one.

Other than that .... no other critique

**** My hat goes off to Minnesota for getting rid of those ridiculous toilet-seat collars ... wish the BILLS would follow suit

The bills did get rid of those collars.

also note the serifs on both numbers

So a ones-column 2 will have a serif on the back, but not the front?

Odd.

I almost wonder whether Greenway's is errant.

The Vikes have not quite figured it out yet. In fact Greenway has the serifs on the shoulder. Rudolph does not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

How hard would it have been to make white socks with stripes that match the white sleeves? Not hard at all.

When are some of you tools going to realize that striped socks went out with the rubicks cube and parachute pants about 30 years ago?

That's why nobody with new uniforms in the past decade have used them.

To continue the boat theme, the serifs on the first number in relation to the non serif second number creates a boat shape in the vertical space between the two. Kinda neat.

Ohhhh, I see it now. Good idea in theory, not so much in execution.

So a single digit player gets a sole, non-serifed numeral?

After thinking about it, I dont think it was their attempt. They say the serifs mimic the bow, and as far as I know, the bow is the part that sticks out to help the Hull cut through the water. So the negative space creating a boat is just a happy accident.

This. Its just something that kinda worked out. On the other hand, it does make me wonder if it wasnt done purposely because why else wouldn't the second number have serifs?

Number font reminds me a bit of the Falcons, obviously minus drop shadow and plus serifs here and there.

Really love this look already. I don't mind the black facemask. It's a coincidence Minnesota unveiled a maroon helmet with a black facemask and I ended up loving that after thinking I hated it, so this time I'll trust myself to accept it.

**** My hat goes off to Minnesota for getting rid of those ridiculous toilet-seat collars ... wish the BILLS would follow suit

The bills did get rid of those collars.

Where are you getting that info from?

When E.J. Manuel was drafted today in the 1st round, both him and Goodell held up that same jersey from last season with the toilet seat collar.

I hope you're right and Nike just hasn't manufactured the revised ones yet ...

I am in awe of these. I've criticized Nike out the ass for the Jaguars, but these are a testament to what Nike can do right. These are tremendous.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The good:

1. Minimal extraneous flair.

2. Restraint

3. More or less classic but not outdated.

4. The horns are fixed (why was this ever an issue?)

5. I actually like the number design. The interlocking digits are unique and seem like value added to the plain white numbers. Not sure it will look too good with all pairings though (the teens look awkward).

The bad:

1. The numbers on the back are GINORMOUS.

2. The sleeve stripes are kind of silly. I get it, but I don't think anyone associates ships with the Minnesota Vikings. It's a little too cut with no real payoff. I mean, did anyone see that and say "woah, there's a ship on the sleeves!"

The meh:

1. The pant stripes don't make much sense. Different but not really groundbreaking or an improvement over classic striping patterns. But they showed some restraint, so it evens out (could have been worse).

2. The face mask probably would have been better purple but the black looks fine and is a more or less neutral color. Better than yellow or white.

Overall, a huge improvement. I will give Nike some props.

I am in awe of these. I've criticized Nike out the ass for the Jaguars, but these are a testament to what Nike can do right. These are tremendous.

I have a question about this. Isn't this Vikings design proof that Nike will go only as far as a team will let them?

I think Nike gets far too much blame for these new designs. Yes they do make questionable choices in hopes of "innovating" but again, isn't that only because a team gives them the green light? I don't believe its Nike's responsibility to uphold tradition of a certain team, but it is their responsibility to market their brand. If a team chooses to let them then its on them. I will say it is Nike's responsibilty to make sure whatever they design looks good.

Sometimes they drop the ball here. Maybe because of what the team is asking for isnt a good look. In that case Nike should step in and say "maybe that not won't work" to again, make sure they create a good design, not to uphold tradition. Like I said its about their brand and bad designs hurt the brand. If anything thats where Nike needs to take blame. Maybe I'm way off base here.

Archived