New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On thing I noticed is that there are two types of longer sleeved jerseys. One with the strips at the bottom of the sleeve, like the draft jersey (and the ones for sale) and then there is one like Ponder is wearing where the stripes stay up near the shoulder.

Thoughts, preferences?

As much as I miss sleeves in general, I think that this looks really cheap on the longer-sleeve jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

An interesting find in the official uniform files - the Vikings apparently have two sets of White pants...the other one has a single Purple stripe with the primary Norseman logo on each hip. Maybe to be used with the White jerseys to circumvent the stripe mismatching?

Oh - and the mechanical artwork for the numerals is just nuts. They basically provide every combination of numbers to be used.

I'll post examples later.

Here is why I don't like the numbers. 29 actually looks pretty cool. 76 is fine. 84 looks downright awful.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

three-presser-jersey-int-cp.jpg

Here is why I don't like the numbers. 29 actually looks pretty cool. 76 is fine. 84 looks downright awful.

I agree. I like what they're *trying* to do, but it seems like a half-hearted job. I think it would look a lot better if they only used horizontal and vertical lines instead of the diagonal lines in the 4 and 7.

An interesting find in the official uniform files - the Vikings apparently have two sets of White pants...the other one has a single Purple stripe with the primary Norseman logo on each hip. Maybe to be used with the White jerseys to circumvent the stripe mismatching?

Oh - and the mechanical artwork for the numerals is just nuts. They basically provide every combination of numbers to be used.

I'll post examples later.

Eh, I think if they were the road pants they would have shown them at the unveil, maybe they were a last minute addition?

Would love to see what they look like, is it a thick stripe with the norseman inside the stripe?

I dunno how I feel about it yet, I hate small logos on uniforms and was glad they just got rid of the three logos on the last set.

You'd think they would get those numbers fixed once the regular season begins. They look pretty darn goofy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There's black in the logo trim, and the cleats, I think maybe the gloves. There's no gray anywhere

You might prefer a purple facemask to a black one, but let's not talk about it as if going with black on the facemask is on some crazy "where did that come from?!?" plane tantamount to opting for a Seahawk green facemask. Black is already involved

I agree with the quoted statements above.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Pay dennis no mind. He is a clown and a tired excuse for a troll.

And you are a douche and have no clue about current football trends.

See how that works, slim?

And for all of you dorks whining about the black facemask, it looks really good. It was put on there because of the black on the helmet logo. It makes the entire helmet "pop".

Now, you can go back to thinkin' about the good ole' days of Tommy Kramer and beloved block numbers.

My only beef with these new unfiforms:

1.) The right numeral on a two-digit number doesn't have the Viking ship serifs. That makes for two different number styles.

2.) The face mask should be gray. It would match VIKINGS better... But the black still looks good.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived