New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Pay dennis no mind. He is a clown and a tired excuse for a troll.

And you are a douche and have no clue about current football trends.

See how that works, slim?

And for all of you dorks ...

And with that, the moral high ground is lost. You were doing so well.

Sweeping insults doesn't go a long way towards disproving an allegation of trolling.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Current football trends" are, ultimately, meaningless to establishing a long-term brand. Again it goes back to men's fashion. Parachute pants and jorts below the knees were "cool" and "in" at one point, but just ended up looking stupid when the trend past. A tailored suit, however, always looks good.

Traditional football uniform aesthetics are the tailored suits of football uniform design. The Jaguars will look extremely dated in a few years because they're wearing the equivalent of parachute pants. Therefore the brand isn't as strong as it would have been had they gone with something more traditional. Their divisional rivals the Houston Texans did that, and their look is always lauded as a "modern classic that could remain unchanged for fifty more years."

Oh - and the mechanical artwork for the numerals is just nuts. They basically provide every combination of numbers to be used.

I'll post examples later.

Interesting I wonder if they are going to these lengths to ensure that the Chinese knockoffs will look nothing like the authentics. Not that they really do to any of us anyhow.

Oh - and the mechanical artwork for the numerals is just nuts. They basically provide every combination of numbers to be used.

I'll post examples later.

Interesting I wonder if they are going to these lengths to ensure that the Chinese knockoffs will look nothing like the authentics. Not that they really do to any of us anyhow.

Well as we both saw at the Dome, it's not gonna stop the Vikes fans no matter how bad they look. Yikes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Been a few days since I could follow this thread, though I did lurk enough here and elsewhere to get a full idea of the new unis. I didn't see this posted previously, so: am I the first to see an echo of the old "Northwestern stripes" in the new jersey striping? When I saw the leak on Tuesday -- in particular, the one with the uniform reflected in the mirror, the one that showed the sleeve striping tailing up -- my first thought was, "They found some modern way to reference the Northwestern stripes. Kinda like the Bills and 49ers did in the past few years echoing their traditional striping patterns in a modern manner. And, like how the pants stripes are a modern version of the longtime Vikings pants stripes with modified thicknesses. I know Nike & the Vikes are saying it's reminiscent of a Viking ship -- fair enough, but as a longtime Viking fan who's been clamoring for the '70s look to come back, I can't help but see the Northwestern stripes in an altered form. Anyone else?

Found a couple more.

DnIXAab.jpg

Dz1LHMm.jpg

FredMcNeil_display_image.jpg?1303265981

I don't like Nike's sleeves in their replica uniforms. Looks bad imo with the vikings new stripes

Totally agree, looks like a different jersey. It's a bit disappointing.

I love the serifs as a concept and they are executed pretty well, apart from when someone has a 4 in their number. Then it's awful.

Most funny of all to me, though, is the way that the haters of gray facemasks are defending this black mask, and using the exact same defense that others have used to justify gray masks... that it's "about an attitude" and "black is a neutral". I think it's OK to like this... just admit you're being mildly hypocritical.

As a Gray facemask hater, you've made a valid point. I agree with this.

I do as well. I have had some time to sit and let this uniform sink and I believe that outside of the mess that is the number fonts its the facemask that annoys me the most. Its as if they copied the Golden Gophers' helmet style with the matter finish, classic team color paired with unnecessary black facemask. If you look at that uniform set you don't see black anywhere else in the uniform either yet they still chose to employ a very obvious and hard to hide black facemask as if it would just blend in somehow. I'm more than fine with the black around the horns, which is reminiscent of what the Chiefs and 49ers do with their logos. Its merely just an outline to accentuate the logo; I can live with that. The black facemask takes it to a whole other level. Its too bad because this uniform set could have been solid. At least my Bears still will look great beating their @$$es! lol.

I don't like Nike's sleeves in their replica uniforms. Looks bad imo with the vikings new stripes

Totally agree, looks like a different jersey. It's a bit disappointing.

I love the serifs as a concept and they are executed pretty well, apart from when someone has a 4 in their number. Then it's awful.

I personally like the look of the sleeves on the replica better with the stripes at the base rather than at the top. Looks more grounded that way rather than having a buch of purple hanging off the bottom of the stripe. Just my take though.

Most funny of all to me, though, is the way that the haters of gray facemasks are defending this black mask, and using the exact same defense that others have used to justify gray masks... that it's "about an attitude" and "black is a neutral". I think it's OK to like this... just admit you're being mildly hypocritical.

As a Gray facemask hater, you've made a valid point. I agree with this.

I do as well. I have had some time to sit and let this uniform sink and I believe that outside of the mess that is the number fonts its the facemask that annoys me the most. Its as if they copied the Golden Gophers' helmet style with the matter finish, classic team color paired with unnecessary black facemask. If you look at that uniform set you don't see black anywhere else in the uniform either yet they still chose to employ a very obvious and hard to hide black facemask as if it would just blend in somehow. I'm more than fine with the black around the horns, which is reminiscent of what the Chiefs and 49ers do with their logos. Its merely just an outline to accentuate the logo; I can live with that. The black facemask takes it to a whole other level. Its too bad because this uniform set could have been solid. At least my Bears still will look great beating their @$$es! lol.

We're shaking in our boots, Kyle Long has us worried.

Pay dennis no mind. He is a clown and a tired excuse for a troll.

And for all of you dorks whining about the black facemask, it looks really good. It was put on there because of the black on the helmet logo. It makes the entire helmet "pop".

Now, you can go back to thinkin' about the good ole' days of Tommy Kramer and beloved block numbers.

LMAO i swear i love this guy :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

And for all of you dorks whining about the black facemask, it looks really good. It was put on there because of the black on the helmet logo. It makes the entire helmet "pop".

Now, you can go back to thinkin' about the good ole' days of Tommy Kramer and beloved block numbers.

Oh, I know and fully understand current football trends. That doesn't mean I have to blindly love them, rage against established aesthetics of football and claim that the NFL needs to follow in the uniform footsteps of the NCAA and high school football. But I have been working out, so thanks for noticing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived