New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Just curious, do the Packers stripes bother you guys? How on the jersey there's a gap between the stripes but on the pants there isn't?

packweb12s-1-web.jpg

I don't know what you mean. On the home uniform the Braisher striping is consistent - gold/green/white/green/gold.

The road jersey has striping that varies from the pants and helmets, and I hate it.

alg-aaron-rodgers-throws-jpg.jpg

Looks awful.

I'm not sure if I follow. What else would you do? I think that it would look even worse if the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys matched the pants. It begs the question: does it really matter what is on the jersey if the helmet and pants match? Isn't that enough?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope none of y'all bought a Kluwe jersey.

Oh, yeah... we all ran right out and bought a punter's jersey.

Didnt think my comment needed sarcasm font, but I guess it's hard to decifer through the internet.

No, I got the sarcasm... mine was too. Sarcasm on sarcasm crime, I guess.

Argghhhh. The worst kind.

On the subject of matching pants striping, I wish more teams were as literal about it as the Oakland Raders. Their pants stripe appears to be the EXACT SAME width as their helmet stripe. Looks GOOD.

Sigs are for sissies.

MinnesotaVikings_CEM0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Now where have I seen something like that before?

Oh yeah.

tribal-armband-tattoo.jpg

And in the "Google search is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get" department, while looking for that I ran across this:

steelers-armband-tattoo.jpg

:wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Jags and Dolphins Wikipedia pages already have the new uni's in their info, the Vikings doesn't yet.

http://en.wikipedia....nnesota_Vikings

And it still has the throwbacks in there and they didn't wear them last year and aren't this year. Anyone got a nice looking flat mockup of them to add in here?

Careful - that bigot troll might still consider NFL team pages his personal playground. Used to get very angry when anybody else edited them.

I feel like the helmet color doesn't match. It's not as off as the Rams throwback, but it looks like a different shade of purple compared with the jersey.

Hopefully I didn't ruin anyone's lives there.

spacer.png

I feel like the helmet color doesn't match. It's not as off as the Rams throwback, but it looks like a different shade of purple compared with the jersey.

Hopefully I didn't ruin anyone's lives there.

This isn't the first time.

carter_roh_header.jpg

9L4Dq8b.png

yrDpRpt.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Never noticed that collar design pattern. Very interesting. Anyone got a close up of it on the actual uniform? I wonder if it has that 'Nikelace' effect like the fly wire collars.

I believe its on the inside collar on the back of the neck, so you won't see it while it's being worn.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Never noticed that collar design pattern. Very interesting. Anyone got a close up of it on the actual uniform? I wonder if it has that 'Nikelace' effect like the fly wire collars.

I believe its on the inside collar on the back of the neck, so you won't see it while it's being worn.

Ask and you shall receive...

temp15_2013UniDetail--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_zpsba0ef154.jpg

temp12_2013UniDetail--nfl_mezz_1280_1024_zps530c3939.jpg

I wonder if the pattern will be in the fan jerseys just like the Panthers have "Keep Pounding" in Game, Limited and Elite versions.

I know we have had this discussion before, ya know, whether or not it is necessary to put something in the collar. It's for the players and team after all. I think the viking knots are not a bad idea, but wouldn't it have been more relevant to the players if it said something like "SKOL" ? Either way, I'd still like to have the knots in my fan jersey, but that's just me, I like the small details.

I don't mind the concept of adding elements to the inside collar, but as nice as this one looks, it seems particularly useless. At least with the ones featuring a team motto they could say they're there for inspiration. This one's just too pretty. A waste of thread that nobody will notice.

I know we have had this discussion before, ya know, whether or not it is necessary to put something in the collar. It's for the players and team after all.

Oh, I am far from sure that is the case. I'd tend to think just the opposite.

I should say, the inspirational quotes such as the Panthers, "Keep Pounding" which was the saying Sam Mills, who was a player and coach for Carolina and later Died of cancer. Mills told the team to "Keep Pounding" in an emotional speech before the Panthers' victory over the Cowboys. So yeah, that's for the players and organization. Nothing wrong with a nice detail that relates to the team.

As for the knots in the Viking's jersey, they just related it to actual vikings craftsmanship, nothing that inspirational, but a nice detail none the less. And because its in a spot where the fans wont see it, its hard to say its for them. We are the small percentage who actually notice these things.

But I'll stop with this discussion here seeing as though we have already hashed this out earlier in the thread.

Archived