Jersey Numbers

waldowest

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, so forgive me if it isn't - full idiot here)

I'm working on a concept for a football jersey that has a dark blue front with a red back and was wondering what the general rule of thumb is for the number colors. I'm assuming it's to have them the same fill color with the same outline color, is that the case?

And while I'm at it - are there any other fairly obvious "rules" to designing uniforms that I should be aware of? I'm new to this whole official sort of concept. Because doodling uniforms as a nine year old doesn't really count.

Just as long as your numbers/outlines have enough contrast with the jersey color, then you'll be fine. And yes, if you've got a white jersey, then your numbers/outlines should be the same throughout (at least I think thats what you were asking).

spacer.png

Correct. Make sure your numbers and name will show on TV. It should have some kind of contrast.

Exemple: dark numbers without outline on dark background won't work. If at least an outline make the number more easy to read, it can work.

Archived