Hoopball Concepts

B@ltim0r3R@v3n5

so seeing everyone elses attempt to create a yakball like sport i decided to throw my hat in the ring

so anyways my sport is called hoopball

here are the rules:

1. to move the ball (which is shaped like a football) you must pass it

2. on change of poss. you must pass the ball to the other side of the court

-a.if the ball goes out of bounds then player must pass it to another player on the same side of the court the ball went out on

-b. on a turn over a player only has 7 seconds to pass it over to the other side of the court

3. no contact

4.only pointbacks and wing-guards move up and down the court if either center moves out of the center box its a turn over

5.turn overs occur on interceptions, dropped balls, and the balls going out of bounds

6. a face off occurs when a hard contact foul* occurs, in case of ties, and when the maximum amount of fouls occur and each time after a foul is committed.

-a. a face off consists of three one on one rounds between a defensive center and either a pointback or wing-guard

-b. each round you can sub in a different player (both sides)

*hard contact fouls: hit before or after the shot, foul language

here is the court

MLH_zps97215eaf.png

the middle is half court, the 2 lanes that come out from half court are the point back lanes where only the pointbacks are allowed to move. the 2 circles on either side are the offensive wing-guard circles where only they can go/rotate around, the box down court is the offensive center box. the defensive wing-guards can move in the brown areas except past the center box, the defensive center can only move behind the center box. the score board has 5 holes 4 (the big ones in the four corners) are 1 ptrs and the middle hole is 4 pts.

Positions include:

1-Pointback

2-offenisve wing-guard

2- defensive wing-guard

1-offensive center

1-defensive center

Good, I like to see new leagues like this pop up. That's why I created one of my own. I've seen other leagues like this come about, but have also failed. You must have good presentation. Most people won't keep checking back if your logos and uniforms are jumbled. Also, if people don't pay much attention at first, keep working. Your skill will grow, and so should your following.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Thanks I'll be posting the first team soon

The franchise destinations have been decided:

East

North division: Manhattan, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Phidelphia

South division: Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville

Central division: Cincinnati, Columbus, Chicago, Lexington, Detroit

West

South division: San Antonio, Dallas, New Orleans, Phoenix, OKC

North division: St.Paul/Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Omaha, Portland, Seattle

Central divison: Los Angeles, San Diego, St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver

Archived